Little spoons....

Options
How I :heart: thee.

So does anyone else use little spoons to eat their desserts??? My boyfriend thinks I'm a nut because I absolutely adore them. It takes me longer to eat my little portions of heaven, so I feel like I am getting more and it is very satisfying. My grandmother got me hooked, by giving me the baby spoon she use to feed me with. She gave it to me a while ago, she has now since passed, but the other day I found the cutest little spoon and it made me think of her. So I had to buy it!

Anyone else use them or have any other "little" antics up their sleeves??

Replies

• MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    How I :heart: thee.

So does anyone else use little spoons to eat their desserts??? My boyfriend thinks I'm a nut because I absolutely adore them. It takes me longer to eat my little portions of heaven, so I feel like I am getting more and it is very satisfying. My grandmother got me hooked, by giving me the baby spoon she use to feed me with. She gave it to me a while ago, she has now since passed, but the other day I found the cutest little spoon and it made me think of her. So I had to buy it!

Anyone else use them or have any other "little" antics up their sleeves??
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Too funny!:laugh: I do the same thing! I love to use little spoons especially when I have some pudding cups with lite whipped cream! It does seem like I am eating more!!!:laugh:
    I'm with ya on the little spoons!:smooched:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Lol, I do the same thing! I bought these baby spoons for when my friends baby would visit, and now I grab them everytime I'm eating dessert. Same thing. My husband probably thinks I'm going nuts, I'm glad I'm not the only one!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought of this! What a great idea!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    hmmmm from serving spoons to baby spoons. I guess I HAVE made some changes!!:laugh:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I also use a seafood fork (three prongs and very little) to eat with, my bf thinks I'm crazy too:laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • MellyG426
    Options
    Well I'm glad I am not the only one. I can now stick up for myself knowing that you all do the same and are having great results to show for it!!! :wink:

I contemplated the little fork porka29, it might be a next purchase. I know, I am splurging. :laugh:

Have a good day!!!:flowerforyou:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Well I'm glad I am not the only one. I can now stick up for myself knowing that you all do the same and are having great results to show for it!!! :wink:

I contemplated the little fork porka29, it might be a next purchase. I know, I am splurging. :laugh:

Have a good day!!!:flowerforyou:

If you like the little spoon, you'll love little fork. It doesn't work a nicely if you use a steak knife w/it, but fun otherwise:happy: :tongue:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I loooooove baby spoons!!!! I always use them for my desserts!!! I also like to use tiny dessert forks for my meals sometimes - less food fits on the fork and so I am eating longer- silly, but it works for me:bigsmile: :bigsmile: And it's oddly ...fun:tongue:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I am going to try that! I have a bunch of baby spoons here for my grandkids... no reason I can't use them too!
    I do not think you are crazy :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    ....and little bowls. I use those teensy 1 oz votive candle holders for snacks of nuts or any other high cal or high fat things..

I'll bet chopsticks for everything would work wonders too. (well except soup....)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    ....and little bowls. I use those teensy 1 oz votive candle holders for snacks of nuts or any other high cal or high fat things..

I'll bet chopsticks for everything would work wonders too. (well except soup....)

Cheryl that is a great idea! I have 2 in my closet that arent being used. I hat looking in my huge cereal bowl at my 24 nuts all lonely in the bottom!!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I do that too-esp. for yogurts, puddings and coolwhip!
  • MellyG426
    Options
    Exactly! It really is a mind trick sometimes. I would rather see a very small bowl filled ALL the way! :happy: than to see a HUGE bowl with no food :mad: Its the half full concept.... vs the half empty.. My tummy might be full but I'm sure hoping to have my pants half empty!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • jdelisle
    Options
    I use little bowls too. Lol... all this time I thought I was nuts... Maybe we are all just nuts together, hehehe
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    LOL I am laughing cuz I DID think I was the only person who did this. I eat my dinner off a salad plate too cuz of the same reason- it looks like the plate is packed!
  • Sandra27
    Options
    WOW! I never thought of using the little spoons, what a great idea. I have tons of them for my toddler, I use his little bowls all the time, but never the spoons! I am such a sugar junkie too, next time I have a treat I am going to try that... thanx for the tip!:wink:
  • jdelisle
    Options
    I saw this article (I can't remember which magazine) about the 9" dinner plate. Apparently this man moved into an older house and realized that his 12" dinner plates did not fit in his cupboards so he had to use the 9" ones that came with the house. Over time our society has increased the size of our plate, therefore increasing the size of our portions. Maybe we're on to something... :D