Iphone Vs. Android Phone

Which One should i get? I have friends that have both kinds and the android apps always seem to be Sub-Par to the Iphone apps.

Any advice?

Thank you

Replies

• Which One should i get? I have friends that have both kinds and the android apps always seem to be Sub-Par to the Iphone apps.

Any advice?

Thank you

Iphone easy. so much better, proabably that little faster, nice hd screen, unlimited amount of apps.
    most you can get on iphone you cant get on other phone, or you can but dont look half as good lol
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Don't be sucked in by all the hype surrounding iPhone. I've had both and my honest opinion is, for a phone - android, for a gadget - iPhone.

The iPhone 3GS is a much better device than the iPhone 4, I had one of those as well!!
  • I am a bigger fan of Android because it is not as proprietary as the iPhone. You get a lot more flexibility with Android in terms of phones and service plans. Its just that iPhone led the way with apps and all that, but Android is equally good.
  • aliceguy
    aliceguy Posts: 128 Member
    I had an Iphone 3GS until about a month ago, I loved it......but when it died and I looked around the Android system seemed more interesting. Apple seem to have control over their phone, I like the open source concept personally. Would I go back to Iphone, yes, if someone else paid for the phone. Since I am paying, I will take the cheaper option and pocket the difference. For the record, I have one of the budget phones, the LG P500 Optimus. I was a bit sceptical at first (you know, get what u paid for) but I am wrapped in the phone and the price. The GPS works great out here in the outback of Australia, really accurate!
  • Kipper66
    Kipper66 Posts: 17 Member
    I use my husbands android phone whilst out and about, and I use my Ipod whilst around the house for keeping MFP upto date. Both work equally as well as the other in terms of being able to record what exercise you have done and food you have eaten. It all depends on what you want to do and how much you want to pay.
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    I had an iPhone, got rid of it because all the decent apps needed to be paid for and all the free ones were rubbish. Plus I can't stand the on screen keyboard, I'm too addicted to the blackberry keyboard to worry about touchscreen keys.

I originally got an iPhone because of the however many apps there are, but once I got it and realised you needed to pay for anything remotely decent, didn't really like it anymore and was glad to be done with it.

But they thats just my personal opinion of it.

Never tried an android so I can't really comment on that one, but I hear they're really good.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    This is a post to draw out all the different fan boys (and girls) in the crowd. I give a lot of advice about phones because mobile devices are a hobby of mine, but I don't give it without asking a lot of questions first. The bottom line is that you are going to be stuck with this phone for 2 years so you want to make sure it's going to meet all your needs.

First and foremost is make sure you pick a network that works wherever your going to be. Then, ask yourself what's most important to you in a smartphone and get one that answers those for you. You will have a lot more choices with Android (which is why I went with Samsung) but the iPhone fits a lot of people's needs too. MFP works great on either.
  • as a "techie" i love technology and the ebbs and flows of how and why things work the way they do. therefore, i have played with lots of different devices; everything from a to z.
    while there are pros and cons to each device - what GREATLY impacts the useability of anything is how much am i getting for each dollar that i spend. basic ROI (return of Investment).
    having said that -
    android devices are far superior.
    the truth is that there are some that actually like throwing money away, all while compromising their own security.
    while both apple and android both have a Linux platform, that is where the similarity ends.
    GUI:
    the gui (graphic user interface) that so many people love with their apple toys (and are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for) is not that much different than the totally open source (free) gui that is being deployed with the android devices.
    updates:
    android updates are continually free - always compatible, and are actually designed around what the customer wants. compare that to apple or the windows based smart phones that do whatever they want with no regard for what the paying public wants, there is no guarantee that any of your loved apps will work with the new update/version - forcing you to pay more money for that app. too me that spells SUCKER!
    apps:
    almost all the apps that are worth while - and practical cost money (doesn't matter if it is .99 or $10) on the apple system. compare that to the number of useable apps on the android system that are totally free. add to that most of the apps written for the android are written by everyday folks that actually listen to what you say about them. do you think apple or Microsoft care at all what you think?
    conclusion:
    ultimately the choice is yours. do you have money to throw away and waste? or are you like most people that need every dollar they can get their hands on?
    to me the choice is clear. android will be the superior choice.
  • Thank you to everyone, the information was helpful!!!
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    It depends on how much you would like to be able to customize your phone. I've had both, but I prefer my iPhone because of the beautiful screen, ease of use and, most of all, reliability. I would never go back to Android because of all of the bugs that system has.