So far so good. Keep me motivated.

Rquigge
Rquigge Posts: 14 Member
edited February 2019 in Success Stories
Hopefully, this will motivate others. I am a soldier, 44 years old, married with 4 children. I had some issues in my life that kind of took the wind out of my sail so to speak. I became depressed and basically lived inside my own head. Made it hard on my wife and family. Was constantly sad and never left my bedroom after I got home. I had convinced myself that my family would be better off without me. I had a few things happen that made me take a long look at myself and I knew I had to do something about it. As a soldier I had let myself go, i found no joy in my hobbies and I didnt look like was in the military at all. I had ballooned up to 268 lbs. And couldn't even do PT. I started going to the gym 6 days a week, read a few really good books on "getting out ot my head and into my life"
And everything has been turning around. My life, my marriage and my family is better than ever. I'm never looking back.
I'm.now fitter than I have ever been. And cant wsit yo start each day. Seeing my wife happy again is the best part of it all.6pbgncogzslz.jpg

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    What a great success story! Regaining your equilibrium and your mental and physical well being is hard but worth the work - congratulations and I'm sure your family love what you done to be the best for them too!
  • Huff870
    Huff870 Posts: 14 Member
    What are the books you mentioned? Looking for something along those lines. Good job on getting things in order!
  • Rquigge
    Huff870 wrote: »
    What are the books you mentioned? Looking for something along those lines. Good job on getting things in order!

Unfu*k yourself... by... Gary John Bishop
    Own the Day...by...Aubry Marcus
    Unleash the Warrior Within..by..Richard Mack Machowicz
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Awww good for you! What a great, inspiring story.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    I know this isn't the point of your post and I'm so happy you have turned your life around and got the wind back in your sails but mate, you look good! No wonder your wife is happy 😉
  • jannamc09
    jannamc09 Posts: 4 Member
    I am so proud of you! I am glad you could change your mindset and did not give in to the thought your family would be better without you. I lost my son to suicide and I am battling depression. Exercise helps. Trying to lose weight to feel better again. Please stay strong, you are doing amazing!
  • Sew3rin
    Sew3rin Posts: 115 Member
    Awesome!
  • Rquigge
    39flavours wrote: »
    I know this isn't the point of your post and I'm so happy you have turned your life around and got the wind back in your sails but mate, you look good! No wonder your wife is happy 😉

Thank you so much.
    I appreciate the comments.😁
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!