Say hello to the fatty!

Options
Br00zR
Br00zR Posts: 40 Member
Hi All,

I'm Sonny and after a bout of illness (and consequently no exercise) I'm the heaviest I've been in some time!

I want to lose weight sensibly and so decided to use this app.

The only problem is, I'm not sure exactly how many calories I should be consuming.

I realise too many and nothing will happen and too little will cause my body to store fat.

So what's the answer?

Can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks all!

Replies

• twheelhouse
    twheelhouse Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there :)

Do the automative target setting questionnaire on the app. It will ask you questions about your lifestyle and how much you want to lose and will recommend a daily calorie goal for you. There are loads of useful tips and friendly people on here, so have a look around!

Good luck!
  • auskelly
    auskelly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    hi there , there is a section in here that if you fill it out it tells you how many calories you should have and i believe how much you should burn. hopefully someone else can give you more detail, i only started yesterday myself so still learning :)
  • Tabby1980
    Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey Sonny :)
    Click on 'my home' and then 'my goals' it should sort it all out for you - good luck with getting healthier! x
    Nice tats btw ;)
  • Br00zR
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

It's set me a daily goal of 1,320 cals.

Isn't that a bit low?

I'm sure I could stick with it. I just don't want my body clinging to the fat.

Cheers!
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    It's what you eat without exercise, you eat back at least half of your exercise calories so the more you burn the more you eat.
  • Br00zR
    Options
    D'Oh! That makes sense!
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at 1200 which I know I couldn't stick to so I do exercise every day and eat back the calories. MFP already works out a deficit for you so even eating back the exercise cals I still lose weight steadily :smile:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    That does sound low, though. Did you set it to 2lbs a week? I know we all want fast results, but 1lb a week is more sustainable!
  • awiggins1090
    Options
    That isn't too low! When you log your exercise it will give you more calories for the day
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    For a man that's quite low, but you must have clicked 2 lb a week loss? But if you exercise you will be able to eat back
  • Br00zR
    Options
    I quite like the idea of having to work for my supper. :)
  • shazzamax11
    Options
    That does seem low for a man? I'm on 1,700 cals a day but I do exercise regularly. How much per week are you aiming to lose? I've only set mine to 1lb per week, slowly but surely and healthily.
  • Br00zR
    Options
    I want to lose 2lbs a week but it's cool. I'm willing to do some extra exercise if I need the calories.

I'm using the 100 pushups and 200 situps apps on alternative days too so I'll always be gaining a few cals.

On top of that there's kickboxing and boxing training with my mates 2-3 times a week so I'll be fine and dandy.