workouts with knee injury

Options
Kate_UK
Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
I had knee surgery last August to repair (stitch back together rather than trim) my medial meniscus. I'e been working on (gentle) squats, lunges, step ups, sit stands, the bridge and stationary bike with my physio, can anyone recommend a work out that might be suitable for me to progress to that wont put undue stress on my knees?

Replies

• h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Your therapist would be the best person to give you advise on this question.
    Personally, I have walked...well, limped into the gym for a good 6 weeks with a wrecked calf muscle...boy, did my pullups improve... :D

Best of luck!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    This is definitely something I would talk with the physio about, not random internet peepz.
  • brandigyrl81
    brandigyrl81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Check with your physical therapist about doing some aquatic exercises.
  • StephSuter2508
    StephSuter2508 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have spent the last 6 months dealing with a torn PTL, its still causing me issues now! The only person to take advise from is a Sports Injury therapist, or a Pysio if you dont have a sports injury in your area
  • dmkoenig
    dmkoenig Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Water walking/running, especially if you have access to a deep pool when you are fully suspended, can be an effective way to work your legs to safely rebuild strength and range of movement. Requires the use of a flotation belt to keep you upright. something like this.. https://watergym.com/water-float-swim-belt/