Anyone doing PIYO right now?

Options
Is anyone doing the PIYO series right now. Im on day three. Wondering what people think of it.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like it as a lower impact activity. It's a little more movement and music based than regular yoga. My usual routine consists of kickboxing and weight lifting.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I just received the DVD and will start next Monday. I'm excited!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I always saw the commercials and of course believed them, I joined body on demand and tried the PIYO and found it nothing like they commercialized and I don't like it. I do like lift 4 - and several other programs but not PIYO. I
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I liked the individual workouts, but as a complete program just found it a little boring. I felt like I should be adding a fair amount of cardio at least, and missed hitting the weights. I tend to use my 2 or 3 favorites as filler in other programs that don't include a stretching/yoga/pilates component, and I'll do the whole program for a few weeks when my motivation to do something more "active" fails me.
  • PapillonNoire
    PapillonNoire Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't follow the program, but I'll do the individual videos. I like to alternate Piyo with some of the T25 or Insanity cardio workouts. I've been doing this for about 2 months now and I feel like I'm seeing good results.
  • jpatenaude15
    jpatenaude15 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I still have't decided yet but I do feel like I'm not getting a great cardio workout sometimes. The sweat one feels to be the best.
  • AnitaCRice
    AnitaCRice Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5, and I like it. It does seem like I should be getting more cardio somehow, but I definitely feel like I'm getting stronger and more flexible. I'm good with that right now.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Before buying, you should always check and see if you can borrow from your local library. I ordered it through ILL and have borrowed it two different times.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    I got mine gently used off eBay at more than half off. It looked brand new except it wasn't shrink wrapped.
    Physically, the first few weeks were not all that challenging for me so I had to do both upper and lower body in one day to make a decent workout. I quit doing it as the space I workout in changed so I couldn't do a couple of the moves, like a plank where you sweep your leg completely extended to the side. I'm a hair under 5'10" barefoot so space became an issue. I'd like to start back, but I still have the same space issue.
    I do have to say that Drench whoops my *kitten* in the most delightful way. I miss that.