Shapewear

Options
I definitely need support! It’s just not an emotional need. I need to know what type of support wear people are using. I have, over 5 years, lost over 100lbs and now there is a lot of extra skin. So, my skin is causing my clothing to look awful and that is effecting how I feel about my body. I have used spanx, but I’m wondering if anyone has other options.

Replies

• brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm layered up like an onion, I swear. I use one of those longline panties that go up to your armpits (ok not quite, but under the boobs) and a torsolette that goes down tho the gut so that my formerly size 30/32 or 30W size bod can squeeze happily into my size 8 or (vanity) sized 6 stuff without a muffin top. Spanx just don't give the iron girdle compression effect that I need. I do like the shapewear brand and some of the "high strength" stuff from Wal-Mart of all places. Congrats on your 100+ lb loss!!!!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Agree with @brookielaw on the Walmart stuff. It is surprisingly good.
  • anonuser369
    anonuser369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Can you specify the brand? Thanks.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I just checked, the brand is Cupid and it's the extra firm kind.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I think spanx is the best! I love my spanx. I think you get what you pay for with shapewear and if its cheap then its poorer quality and doesn't last as long in terms of being effective in sucking my fat it lmao. So I just have a few and view them as investments =)