How to measure calories in my waffle recipe?

Options
redxxx6866
redxxx6866 Posts: 8 Member
edited February 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Hello,

I found a waffle recipe online that I've been using for a while now (over a year). They are absolutely delicious, and easy to make waffles. The trouble is, ever since I've been using myfitnesspal, I have no idea how to convert the recipe into total calories (the recipe itself didn't have any calories specified).

Here is the recipe:

1 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons corn oil (or any other vegetable oil)
1 1/4 cup cool water
A dash of salt

This is supposed to provide 2 servings if you make them as regular sized waffles. If they're Eggo waffle size, it gives me around 5 waffles. Please help me figure out the calories per serving, thanks!!

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe builder. It'll calculate calories and such for you based on the ingredients you enter.
  • redxxx6866
    redxxx6866 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe builder. It'll calculate calories and such for you based on the ingredients you enter.

There's a recipe builder on MFP? I had no idea, thanks!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    How about adding a quarter teaspoon vanilla?
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    You don't even need to use the recipe builder (I largely don't bother as I rarely make the same thing twice).

Just weigh and log all the separate ingredients, and divide each by two to get the information for one serving.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    You don't even need to use the recipe builder (I largely don't bother as I rarely make the same thing twice).

Just weigh and log all the separate ingredients, and divide each by two to get the information for one serving.

I'll definitely do this for simpler recipes, as generally, I eat the whole thing, so perfect proportions are not necessary.