CBD Oil

Options
dws00
dws00 Posts: 159 Member
I'm interested in trying thc free CBD oil. Does anyone have any experience with this? I would love to hear about positive or negative experiences. Thanks!

Replies

• comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I recently started using it for back pain and related insomnia and it seems to be helping. What is it you want to use it for?
    I've seen a lot of wild claims about how it cures everything including cancer, which I ignore but there is *some *evidence that it might help some conditions. Be aware that if you're on other medications it can interact
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it internally, but as a rub for fibro and arthritis, it's amazing! I've used the other kind (THC ?) As edible melts for sleeping, but they really didn't help.me fall asleep faster, just stay out a bit longer. I don't smoke and absolutely hate the smell, so those are my only close up experiances with tje stuff.
  • redxxx6866
    redxxx6866 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've used 500 mg CBD oil, did nothing but make me feel tired. I ordered 1000 mg CBD oil recently, and am hoping the extra strength will help with anxiety and back pain. I vape it, which is the fastest relief possible.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Check the ingredients.
    Many CBD oil products also contain melatonin. Melatonin is the sleep aid component.
    Pure CBD can help with some things like Crohn's.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    We're using it with with my son to help with anxiety while we're waiting for a doctor's appointment. It helps him focus a bit with concentration while he's doing school (we homeschool). It seems to help.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the connections to cancer are related to it as a digestive aid (like with Crohn's) since chemo often results in nausea and loss of appetite. So it's not that it cures cancer, it's that it makes the treatment more tolerable.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    10. Keep it legal
    I WILL:
    • I will remember this is a public forum (i.e., posts can be found in a Google search by a boss or family member).

I WON’T:
    I won’t post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that infringes a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
    • I won’t post content that references illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited. Posts about marijuana which is not legal federally in the USA yet, posts about steroids, and posts about substances that are not legal, federally, in the USA are not allowed.
    • I won’t post images containing hateful or violent imagery; the depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.
    If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    JustSomeEm
This discussion has been closed.