Options
Hello all! I am new to the site and new to joining forums. I get so busy with work that I don't take time to be an active poster but I really think I need the support to lose the weight this time. I lost 115 pounds reaching my goal back in 2003. Now....right back to where I started. It is so depressing to think of starting over and so depressing to be so overweight and I am SOOO tired of being depressed. So, I want to take this seriously and do it and do it right this time. Any support/new friends would be very welcome. Thanks to everyone out there who works to improve themselves and help others at the same time :)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.::flowerforyou:
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!! you'll love it here!
  • gngrb
    gngrb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Everyday is a new day and a new start. Wake up and be thankful for a new day. Focus on being positive. I found that reading The Secrect really helped me on a lot of issues . Good luck and dont ever give up:)
  • ruralrob
    ruralrob Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this site ,and it looks just the thing to help me achieve my goal .I am 43 and have been trying to lose weight over the last year or so .I used to wiegh about 14 s 10 and have managed to get down to 13 .3 which I am really please about ,this has been through just cutting out a lot of junk I used to eat in between meals .I would love to get down to about 12 stone ,bit I am finding it quite hard to get under the 13 mark ,so I am hoping this site will help me do that .I am still finding my way round how to use the site ,but 1 question I do have is kbowing how much a serving is ,we are having Spaghetti Bolognese tonight but I dont know whether my serving is a normal one or 1.5 etc ,any tips would be great .

all the best rob
  • artsymel
    Options
    welcome ;o)

Just take it one day at a time.. find some fun exercise or just walk . this site is a great place to focus your intention and get it done . Try to keep in mind that loosing weight is not a hit my goal and im done it is an on going thing..cheers to you !!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    hey, good luck guys!! i always have trouble too, and something that seems to help people is using social media like facebook. people that stick with their diet are people that just tell everyone that they are on a diet, and that they are exercising. you basically need to turn into one of those annoying ppl at your office that tells everyone how many calories they ate and how long they exercised for. if you use my fitness pal to post your exercises and calorie goals on to your facebook page, you'll have the support of a lot more people.

good luck!!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this site ,and it looks just the thing to help me achieve my goal .I am 43 and have been trying to lose weight over the last year or so .I used to wiegh about 14 s 10 and have managed to get down to 13 .3 which I am really please about ,this has been through just cutting out a lot of junk I used to eat in between meals .I would love to get down to about 12 stone ,bit I am finding it quite hard to get under the 13 mark ,so I am hoping this site will help me do that .I am still finding my way round how to use the site ,but 1 question I do have is kbowing how much a serving is ,we are having Spaghetti Bolognese tonight but I dont know whether my serving is a normal one or 1.5 etc ,any tips would be great .

all the best rob

rob, the website has tools that you can use to input your own meals and recipies to help you track calories of home cooked meals. and their are tricks to do too. use a 1 cup measuring spoon to serve yourself in a bowl. wait five minutes before seconds to allow your body to digest a little.
  • gngrb
    gngrb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am so excited that I found this website so far it has been a great help. Until I started tracking EVERYTHING I eat I didn't realize how many calories I was consuming, every bite counts and they can add up quickly.