vegetarians/vegans where are you???

Options
2»

Replies

• tostadaeng
    Options
    Hi all you veggies,

I am no longer a vegetarian. But I think it is a wonderful thing and am working my way slowly back towards more and more vegetarian food. I LOVE quinoa and also all the Indian foods that based on beans - many kinds of dahl and chickpeas. You get some carbs but also lots of protein. Mostly you have to make it yourself since most Indian restaurants use lots of cream and butter in their sauces. But you can make a DeLICIOUS and quick red lentil dahl by sauteeing LOTS of garlic and cumin seed in a small amount of olive oil and then adding the red lentils and boiling.
  • spiritmi
    spiritmi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i am going to try making that red lental dahl...thanks for telling us about it...
  • ldsupergirl
    Options
    Ok I could use some new ideas to jump start everything. I had to take a few weeks off due to an injury. Not exercising has led me to eat terribly. I am really tired of the same old food! I need something to liven up my taste buds! Especially breakfast. I could really use some other ideas for breakfast. Well actually all meals! Tell me what you ate yesterday!
  • leafylee
    Options
    i'm also trying to become veggie. right now i eat limited amounts of meat, but i am trying to make the full switch. love my veggies!
  • FitnessGeek
    Options
    I've been a pescetarian (I don't eat mammals or birds) for about 5 years now and eliminating those meats helped me lose weight at first.

After a couple years I realized that I was replacing meat with too much pasta, bread, and rice. Oh yeah...and lots of pizza since I work for a pizzeria.

So I'm using MFP for calorie and carb counting and it's helped a lot. I don't have to cut out all the carbs I love...just eat smaller portions.

Thanks for posting this thread and the one in the nutritional section.