Chinese Please!

Hi All,

I'm catching up with some old friends tonight and they are wanting to get a chinese takeaway. I LOVE chinese food but i don't want to stray too far from my calories...has anybody got any low cal good food choices?

Thank you my friends

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Sauce on the side please:flowerforyou:
  • fibrogirl
    fibrogirl Posts: 170 Member
    Ummm I love chinese, you've got my mouth watering just thinking about it! I'm sure that one of the lower calorie options is the chicken with pineapple and with boiled rice rather than fried. Or if you do prefer the higher calorie fried choices try to share a portion with one of your friends and stay away from those spring rolls (my favourite!) they're so high in cals.
    Have a great time :bigsmile:
  • slimdownspicey
    slimdownspicey Posts: 110 Member
    steamed shrimp/chicken/tofu with veggies, sauce on the side - most places will do no oil too =)
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    I know where I live they offer a healthier option of steamed chicken and shrimp with vegetables with white rice and sauce on the side. Maybe you can special order something that is steamed and not fried.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    OOh Chinese is so difficult because it is all fried in oil! I can suggest you ask for dry-fried dishes - one I love is broccolli fried with onion, beansprouts and garlic. No sauce though - oyster sauce that they use on EVERYTHINg is a killer.

Another thing: Dont assume the vegetarian options are healthier! Can you compensate with exercise?

I sympathise. i've been craving a good chinese for weeks :(
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    chicken with nuts
    boiled rice
    chicken and pineapple
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/250300-low-calorie-chinese-foods/
    this is a good article on what you should eat :)
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    I made Hoisin Chicken on Sunday for my family and it was wonderful! And it heats up well the next day. Scroll down to Hoisin Chicken recipe (the manderine salad looks good too)

http://girlinoregon.blogspot.com/
  • avimoo
    avimoo Posts: 67 Member
    I am having a chinese tonight aswell. I am going to have a beef chow mein. 550 calories. yum yum.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    try the soup. Hot and sour soup is only 130 cal
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Sauce on the side please:flowerforyou:

My rule of thumb!
  • Thanks all for your replies! certainly gives me food for thought! (like what i did there??) hahaha
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Duck curry for me...

No?!