a little advice

dawnymo1
dawnymo1 Posts: 48 Member
Hi All,
Just seeking a little advice. Been on MFP for 17 days lost two pounds and feeling good. I am getting on the stationery bike for now 30 to 32 minutes a day, drinking at least 64 ounces of water but struggling to meet my totals. My clothes are feeling better and all signs are positive but.....
I am under my calories by almost 200 to 300 per day and at least 5 to six under on fat and protein. Carbs are low each day
I am thinking that is why the scale is moving slowly.
Can anyone let me know their experience with eating under what is recommended consistently.
I am trying not to eat just to reach my recommended numbers but I am struggling a bit
I have do use non processed foods , am eating healthy fats (maybe not enough) the WW person in me knows to lose on their old program I had to max out (lost 75 pounds with them)

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    First off--are you using a digital food scale to weigh and measure everything you eat and drink?
  • dawnymo1
    First off--are you using a digital food scale to weigh and measure everything you eat and drink?

Yes every single thing …………….
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    What is your calorie goal?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    2 pounds in 17 days sounds like a really good rate of loss to me. Congrats, btw! :drinker:
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited February 2019
    Great sustainable rate of loss. I measure every single thing I can down to the gram too but I'm always pretty sure there's no way to be perfectly accurate. Keep doing what you're doing for a couple of more weeks. If the rate stays good then change nothing. If it falls off to nothing subtract just a few or move a bit more. If it seems too difficult or fast then add a few calories. Your own historical data will be your best ultimate guide.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    edited February 2019
    How much was you eating before the diet? Try to eat at least 1000 cals a day because if you eat less your body will reserve it and you will not see the results you are after. I have been on diet for 3 weeks now and have lost 4kg

That is not how weight loss works. Your body will not reserve fat from eating too little for 17 days. Metabolic Adaptation which is the true process behind the diet myth of starvation mode, will slow down metabolism but not significantly enough to stop weight loss altogether.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    2 pounds in 17 days is great progress. I wouldn’t change a thing! Keep it up. Maybe your expectations were to lose faster but keep in mind it isn’t a linear process. Some days the scale will say you gained weight but if you know you’ve measured accurately, than you have to trust the process. I use a weight trend app on iPhone called Happy Scales to track my loss. It shows an overall trend, smoothing out the weight fluctuations.
  • dawnymo1
    lin_be wrote: »
    2 pounds in 17 days is great progress. I wouldn’t change a thing! Keep it up. Maybe your expectations were to lose faster but keep in mind it isn’t a linear process. Some days the scale will say you gained weight but if you know you’ve measured accurately, than you have to trust the process. I use a weight trend app on iPhone called Happy Scales to track my loss. It shows an overall trend, smoothing out the weight fluctuations.

Thank you! I guess just wanting to see if I am doing it all right. Been on WW for so long I feel a little brain washed LOL..... Trying to eat clean - found the processed stuff just didn't make me feel right anymore
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    dawnymo1 wrote: »
    lin_be wrote: »

Thank you! I guess just wanting to see if I am doing it all right. Been on WW for so long I feel a little brain washed LOL..... Trying to eat clean - found the processed stuff just didn't make me feel right anymore

WW has the basics down. Eat less, move more. It can be restrictive though! It's really nice to be able to eat the foods you like and still see progress, makes you feel totally in control of your progress. Best of luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!