new to this site

Options
Hi I am new to this site ,and it looks just the thing to help me achieve my goal .I am 43 and have been trying to lose weight over the last year or so .I used to wiegh about 14 s 10 and have managed to get down to 13 .3 which I am really please about ,this has been through just cutting out a lot of junk I used to eat in between meals .I would love to get down to about 12 stone ,bit I am finding it quite hard to get under the 13 mark ,so I am hoping this site will help me do that .I am still finding my way round how to use the site ,but 1 question I do have is kbowing how much a serving is ,we are having Spaghetti Bolognese tonight but I dont know whether my serving is a normal one or 1.5 etc ,any tips would be great .

all the best rob

Replies

• Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I would be cautious and go with 1.5, most people weigh their food I don't personally. Good luck with the weight loss.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Log on everyday and stay within your goals. Try to stay away from processed and fast foods. Eat fresh fruits and veggies, Low carb and low cal. Whole grain breads, cereals, rice and pasta. Low fat meats and fish. Look on line for healthy recipes. Educate yourself on healthy eating. Watch Portions. Get a food scale. Don't make excuses and think of it as a lifestyle not a diet.
  • apiles
    apiles Posts: 4
    Options
    I am new to the site also. I started this long journey in 07 when I had the lap band surgery. The day of surgery I weighed in at 387lbs. I weighed in at 266 this morning. I have had some trouble with my lap band but so far I would claim it a success. I had stalled out the last couple of years staying around 270's. I am still not where I want to be so I started seeing a nutritionist last week to help with getting down to my goal weight. I started using the myfitnesspal yesterday and it seems to work really well. I look forward to meeting my goal and meeting new friends that are trying to make their lives better also.
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Yumm Spaghetti bolognese sounds good. Portion control is a big thing. Also log everything in your journal. I try to pre-plan my days so it helps keep me on track. Support here is great. I will send a friend request to you. I like having motivational friends. Good luck to you.