Trying to get back on the Wagon...one day at a time

Options
nyctina
nyctina Posts: 24 Member
Hi...first time posting in a while. A little backstory, I lost A LOT of weight about 6 years ago (was unemployed so I had nothing but time on my hands for working out and counting calories). Life happened and I maintained at a comfortable weight for a while and then my dad had some health issues and I quit my job and put on some more weight. Thank God he's doing better but I'm currently juggling 3 jobs and still helping out a home. It got to the point where I didn't care anymore because I was just trying to manage the day to day and was exhausted so my weight was the least of my concern (not to mention my arthritic ankles and my working at jobs where I'm on my feet all day).

Lately I've been feeling like I need to try to get some of these pounds off and I got on the scale today and am currently the highest weight I've ever been.

I didn't get depressed or crazy motivated but I'm looking at it as okay, I know what I have to do. I'm not looking to get extra skinny...just maybe drop 50/60 pounds and I'll be ok. I work in pastry so it'll be somewhat of a struggle but I'm just going to take it day by day. That's all I can really do.

But I feel hopeful...day by day, pound by pound...I can't do anything more than that.

Any motivation/tips you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. Track your calories, make it a habit. See if you can make any small changes to your intake. Do this everyday.

Read the stickies at the top^^^
  • denisetrujillo1
    denisetrujillo1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hunger is there but making healthy alternatives