5'8-5'10 women what's your clothes size?

whitej1234
whitej1234 Posts: 263 Member
edited February 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I am 95kg (~210 lb), 178 (5'10) wearing a euro 44-46 jeans (us 14 i guess) and xl shirts. I am aiming to be around 85kg mostly for health and because of being tired of the lack of clothes in my size. When did you drop to large/ size 40 (10)? I don't do much strength exercise so I guess for average build?
Thank you

Replies

• stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    I'm 5'9 (175 cm) and currently weight 184 lbs (83.5 kg) and wear a size 14 for bottoms and XL for tops. My goal is to drop down to 145-150 lbs. At that weight, I wore size 8-10. My tops should drop to a L (at the most) since my bust was big even before the weight gain.
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    I’m currently 196 & wear a large in most tops & size 12-14 in jeans.
    When I was 210 pounds I wore a extra large in tops and size 14 in jeans.
    So for me it happens pretty quickly but I think it was because I was in between sizes.
    I think I’ll have to get down to 180ish to see another size difference.
    Also I notice I lose jean sizes faster then shirt sizes I think because I have long torso?
    I’m also 5’7
  • overeater1
    overeater1 Posts: 38 Member
    I’m 5 9, 145lbs and wear a U.K. size 12 jeans: they’re snug to be fair but they fit. I need to lose 5-6lbs more to fit into them comfortably. I hold weight on my stomach even at 138lbs.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    edited February 2019
    I hate women’s clothing sizes because I wear different sizes!

I am 5’8” and currently 173 pounds - goal is to maintain between 165 and 170... maybe a little lower if it’s sustainable. I’ve also been weightlifting for several years, so despite the fluff I have a decent muscle base.

I am a 9-10, but sometimes a size up depending on the brand. Sometimes a large, sometimes a medium. I am commenting mostly because I was just doing some cleaning in my closet and tried on a pair of hunting coveralls I bought when I weighed about ten pounds less (size small) and they actually fit with just some tightness at my lower thighs!!

At my highest weight, at 186, I was wearing a 12-14 (they were tight) and large sizes.

Sorry about the imperial weights, I am terrible at conversions! Not sure if my comment will help, since I’m a bit shorter and my highest weight is your goal!
  • BaVIP073
    BaVIP073 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi. I am 5'10" and currently weigh 175 LB and I have abut 10 pounds until goal. I am just at the point that I can wear US size 10 and medium tops. I have done weight lifting over the years, but not enough to really make a difference.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    5ft 8 183lbs snug size UK 12 loose size UK 14
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    I'm 5'8" and 145 lbs. I typically wear a S top and size S/6 on bottoms, though of course it varies from store to store
  • Legs_McGee23
    Legs_McGee23 Posts: 114 Member
    I'm 5'10, 140 something pounds (haven't weighed myself in a while) - I wear a US size 6, small shirts. When I'm at goal weight (136#) I occasionally wear a 4 / size XS, but mostly I'm a pretty solid 6.
  • AutumLeaf
    AutumLeaf Posts: 126 Member
    I'm 5ft7/8 and I come in 3 different sizes depending on the shop lol. If I want something that's good for my hips, it's big on my waist but then if I want something good for my waist, it's a struggle for my butt. Fashion doesn't seem to consider the wonderful diverse shapes of women.
  • whitej1234
    whitej1234 Posts: 263 Member
    Thank you for your inputs! So what i hear is that at my current goal weight (i go smallish targets) of 190 lb i can sort of count on going down to large on shirts and maybe to get into a more comfortable 14/ tight 12, but to get to 10 I will probably need to readjust. :(
    Sucks since i feel comfortable in my skin already now and 180-190 lb would put me into the "a bit over normal" bmi range but i will still struggle to buy clothes. I guess that's how it is for taller woman (same with shoes ofcourse). Looking fwd to the large shirts at least (though i am blessed with a bust so we will see how this goes).
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    I’m right between 5’7”-5’8” and 157lb. Size varies a lot by store but usually I’m a M top, 8US pants, and 6 in dresses. GW 148-150
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    AutumLeaf wrote: »
    I'm 5ft7/8 and I come in 3 different sizes depending on the shop lol. If I want something that's good for my hips, it's big on my waist but then if I want something good for my waist, it's a struggle for my butt. Fashion doesn't seem to consider the wonderful diverse shapes of women.

I’m in a similar boat. Same height and pear shaped with a narrow waist and a booty. I’ve found that the vintage high waisted items are cut more to this shape.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    im 5'10 and 203. 16's are loose on me. I think 14s fit. I tried on an old pair of 12s and they were tight. (don't think I could sit without something ripping). Im a M/L top. Im guessing another 30lbs before I can fit into a size 10 or 12 comfortably
  • llydting
    llydting Posts: 3 Member
    I am 5'8 around 145lb. I just lost 150lbs so have lots of loose skin! I wear a size 6 jeans and Medium top. If it weren't for the stomach skin, my pants may be a bit smaller.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    SCoil123 wrote: »

I’m in a similar boat. Same height and pear shaped with a narrow waist and a booty. I’ve found that the vintage high waisted items are cut more to this shape.

I’ve always dealt with the hip/waist problem with pants, which is why I will never go back to high waisted pants. I found a mom and pop shop that just sells jeans (it’s a jeans warehouse) and they alter while you wait. They make two little darts in the back of my jeans between belt loops and that’s that. No more gape.
  • Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    I’m 5’10, and weigh 205. I wear a size 18 pants or XL, and usually XL in tops. Depending on the brand
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    rosiorama wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »

I’ve always dealt with the hip/waist problem with pants, which is why I will never go back to high waisted pants. I found a mom and pop shop that just sells jeans (it’s a jeans warehouse) and they alter while you wait. They make two little darts in the back of my jeans between belt loops and that’s that. No more gape.

I NEED THIS! Where is this place located???
  • dianemunn1981
    dianemunn1981 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm 5'11 and weight 220lb I am a UK size 20 hope to get down to a size 14
  • WynterDreaming
    WynterDreaming Posts: 83 Member
    5'9 and I weigh 260lb. Depending on the type of pants and their cut, I range from a 14/16 US sizing (not that women's sizing is consistent anyways) and my tops are generally about size 18/20 or XL/XXL in US, though that has a bit to do with the fact that I have a fairly large bust size, which was true even before I packed on all this weight.