if you’ve had a bad day (in terms of calories)

Options
if you’ve had a bad day by eating too much just remember it’s probably better that what you were eating before and get back on track !

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Glad to see a nice positive spin on it today :)

Not only that, but it's probably not nearly as bad as you think it was.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    trulyhealy wrote: »
    if you’ve had a bad day by eating too much just remember it’s probably better that what you were eating before and get back on track !

Yes, you are right. It is a learning curve and I am learning to prepare a meal plan for the next day, consider possible events and special meal / food / drinks occasions, take it day by day and meal by meal. Portion control is still something I have to work on, but some members here have come up with some clever ideas which I am also incorporating.
  • asochable
    asochable Posts: 43 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    🙌 I went out to chilis last night and it was Valentine’s Day so we didn’t go overboard but ate what we wanted to eat. Logged it today and it turns out my dinner was 2600 calories! Yikes! 🙈 Of course this is after I finally talked my husband into tracking his food to be healthier too. Whoops! But in the long run, just being aware of what a night out can “cost” us and making better choices around the event is what’s going to make us healthy in the long run.
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    asochable wrote: »
    🙌 I went out to chilis last night and it was Valentine’s Day so we didn’t go overboard but ate what we wanted to eat. Logged it today and it turns out my dinner was 2600 calories! Yikes! 🙈 Of course this is after I finally talked my husband into tracking his food to be healthier too. Whoops! But in the long run, just being aware of what a night out can “cost” us and making better choices around the event is what’s going to make us healthy in the long run.

That's why I think it is important to log bad days as well. You can learn a lot about your situation and what you could have done differently. Thanks for sharing your perspective.
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    trulyhealy wrote: »
    A good mindset! Everyone has bad days so no need to stress.
  • asochable
    asochable Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That's why I think it is important to log bad days as well. You can learn a lot about your situation and what you could have done differently. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

Exactly! And I don’t want to give up on that skillet cookie for the rest of my life, so I may as well embrace it on rare occasion and have a healthier day otherwise! I’m sure for some people they see the calories and feel like a failure for that day, but I see it as being human.
  • nbrady001
    nbrady001 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I had a bad day yesterday. Ate a small piece of cake and too much meat. I can't give up though and still hope to lose even .5 lbs a week.
  • AutumLeaf
    AutumLeaf Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I was gonna reply to this saying tomorrow is a new day and as long as you keep trying, that's the main thing. But then you had positivity anyway ☺️💖