Do you ever feel like you're ALWAYS at the gym?

Options
TluvK
TluvK Posts: 733 Member
Not saying it's a bad thing, but I live in a small town with a really nice, big rec center so it's pretty rare that there are a lot of people in the gym so it's more obvious to me that I'm ALWAYS there! I work out about 7 days a week and usually in the gym because I either lift weights or I need to use the childcare on my cardio days. It just seems like me and a select few are always there with a few randoms thrown in there. Ha - I don't even scan my card anymore - the front desk just gives me a wave.

Replies

• DIVATRUFFEL0116
    Options
    me too!! LOL
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    That must make you feel good :)
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm never at the gym. Bluh, I need to get off my *kitten*.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    no but I should make that a goal. I'm a regular at the pool though
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yeh when Im at school I go there like 6 days a week at like 7AM and its always the same old ppl.....I've made "friends" with my spin class
  • gizzie92
    gizzie92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am always at the gym as well. I am a morning person, so queing at 6.20 am for 6.30am opening. That 10 minutes of talking is sometimes the best part of my day. It is surprising how many people have good sense of humour so early.
    I tend to go on the treadmill for 20 minutes then circuit or spin classes for 30 mins then weights for another 10-15 mins. Its hard work but the people are great and starts me up for the day.
    I have a good group of friends which is great so after training I sit down and have a coffee and a chat before setting off to work.

my only downfall is i get bored in the evenings and lovely the munchie moments - what can i eat next........ ! and undo my good work.
  • msblueyes5
    msblueyes5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I used to live in a smaller town than I do now. I was on 1st shift and my husband was on 2nd. Si I would go to the gym right after work, hop on the treadmill and run 6 miles 5x a week. I would put in head phones and watch old 90210 because we had individual tvs on each treamill. I would shower there after also because I was just too sweaty to get in my car, plus I hated showering at home while being alone. ( paranoid, I know lol). But honestly I felt like I lived at the gym!!!
  • gizzie92
    gizzie92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi

i spent 11 years swimming in the pool.
    But now love the gym as i have made so many more friends.
    I clearly go to train but the few seconds chat here and there help me get through my routine especially on those days when you wish you were still in bed.
    I still swim but more for relaxing afterwards.
  • TluvK
    Options
    Yeh when Im at school I go there like 6 days a week at like 7AM and its always the same old ppl.....I've made "friends" with my spin class

That is so funny! I typically go in the mornings and also see all the same old people. I just love them and aspire to be them some day - there's this one older lady (probably 70 or so) and she pumps some serious iron! Sometimes I go in the evenings and it's like a whole new world!
  • TluvK
    Options
    Hi

i spent 11 years swimming in the pool.
    But now love the gym as i have made so many more friends.
    I clearly go to train but the few seconds chat here and there help me get through my routine especially on those days when you wish you were still in bed.
    I still swim but more for relaxing afterwards.

This is true for me too - I actually have a few "gym" friends. I don't see them socially outside of the gym at all, but we have great conversations inside the gym.
  • TluvK
    Options
    I feel like I'm never at the gym. Bluh, I need to get off my *kitten*.

Ha Ha - I get your profile name now. :wink:
  • TluvK
    Options
    I know how you feel! I used to live in a smaller town than I do now. I was on 1st shift and my husband was on 2nd. Si I would go to the gym right after work, hop on the treadmill and run 6 miles 5x a week. I would put in head phones and watch old 90210 because we had individual tvs on each treamill. I would shower there after also because I was just too sweaty to get in my car, plus I hated showering at home while being alone. ( paranoid, I know lol). But honestly I felt like I lived at the gym!!!

Running while watching old 90210 reruns!? I would run way longer if I could do that. Ha!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I wish I could spend more time there. I work as a group fit instructor a few hours a week and can't get in the door without seeing people I know. Just knowing that I have to "perform" to get people into my classes makes me brighten up. It's like a switch in my head when I walk in the door, I used to think "I have to be happy," now just driving up automatically makes me happy. No matter what happened at my real job that day or in my real life when I pull in that parking lot it all fades to grey, even when I'm there on my own time and not for classes.
  • TluvK
    Options
    I wish I could spend more time there. I work as a group fit instructor a few hours a week and can't get in the door without seeing people I know. Just knowing that I have to "perform" to get people into my classes makes me brighten up. It's like a switch in my head when I walk in the door, I used to think "I have to be happy," now just driving up automatically makes me happy. No matter what happened at my real job that day or in my real life when I pull in that parking lot it all fades to grey, even when I'm there on my own time and not for classes.

I am so with you. I know a lot of people think the gym is suffocating, but I walk in and feel the same way you do - SO HAPPY! But, it might have to do with the fact that I'm about to get a nice little break from my kiddos....either way - it's a good feeling.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Yea. I'm always at the gym.. at least 3 or 4 days a week.

When I'm not, my trainer will say I didn't see you much last week.. what happened? So in a sense it helps keep me accountable but it's annoying knowing that people are purposefully looking for me at the gym...
  • TluvK
    Options
    That must make you feel good :)

It does. At least it makes me feel better than when I was in college and the guy who worked at the gas station down the block would pull down a pack of Marlboro lights when I walked in. :huh: