How should I reward myself, along the way?

Options
I'm trying to get from 230 to 150ish. Because I have 80 lb. to lose... I'm losing in goals of 30 to 20 lb. With each goal I hit, I want to reward myself in ways that are positively reinforcing of this journey. I just feel that I need to develop my own positive reinforcement and struggling with that. Any suggestions?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Massage, manicure, new clothes, new gadget, new shoes...
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I usually pick workout related stuff -
    A new water bottle
    A new top
    New leggings
    A new pair of headphones
    A new yoga mat
    New headbands

Or just treat yourself -
    A spa day
    A massage
    A mani/pedi
    A new pair of shoes
    A new haircut or color
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    As you lose your weight... your reward will come to you naturally. When you start achieving your goals..you can't help but be happy and elated...and the desire to buy new clothes...get a new look.. or maybe invest in work out clothes or equipment may strike you appropriate. ..even taking a weekend trip. Good luck on your journey and enjoy your rewards along the way. :)
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    Clothes that fit.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    If it's reassurance you need perhaps think of something that you couldn't, or wouldn't do, before you lost your weight?
    For me it's clothes every time, I'm moving away from baggy shapeless clothes and each time I get into something that didn't fit when I bought it I get a massive buzz and know that the hard work and perseverance is worth it.
  • liveforthis
    liveforthis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think any reward is healthy and awesome as long as you don't reward yourself by binging on food. 😊😀
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Pamper experiences!
    A memorable treat that reminds you of how special you are throughout this journey

New clothes will be needed anyway and you don’t need to justify them as a treat!

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    What makes you happy? Make That your reward!
  • Samantharavenclaw84
    Options
    I have set a reward for every 5 pounds lost. Just things that I typically would not get or do for myself due to time or not wanting to spend the money. Things such as a manicure or pedicure, new book, HarryPotter Blender bottle (come on 30 pounds lost!), a bath bomb from Lush etc.