I’ve lost 50 pounds!

Options
shw112
shw112 Posts: 60 Member
edited February 2019 in Success Stories
Today I weighed myself and found that I have finally got over the 50 mark after stalling for around a year 🎉
This feels like a massive milestone to me, even though my ultimate goal is to lose 60 pounds
The last few days have been hard. I’ve been eating a lot due to being home from uni and spending time with family- but I’m telling myself it’s ok to enjoy myself once in a while and that I’ve still come a really long way!
dyhbk2ja7lcv.jpeg
ndjzls3cxlnb.png

Here are a couple of photos- this morning vs August 2016
Hope you’re all doing well!

Replies

• cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - what an amazing transformation! And yes, enjoy some comfort food with your family and then get back at it. ;)
  • shw112
    Options
    cds_momto3 wrote: »
    That's awesome - what an amazing transformation! And yes, enjoy some comfort food with your family and then get back at it. ;)
    thank you! And I will haha

• cmorris30316
    cmorris30316 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats ! This is inspiring!
  • shw112
    Options
    Congrats ! This is inspiring!
    Thank you!
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Looking great. Way to go!
  • kellycz
    kellycz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! You look amazing!
  • LittleLightShine
    LittleLightShine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! Congrats on a fantastic achievement!
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing. That's my goal.
  • shw112
    Options
    thanks for the lovely comments everyone <3<3
  • dontmel
    dontmel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is so Inspiring. I’m down about 25 pounds overall. But I’m looking to lose about 40 more. How did you do it? Any tips for me?
  • Bride2BeFit6119
    Bride2BeFit6119 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! How long did it take you to lose 50 lbs? And do you have any tips or things you did other than just following the calorie goals? You look great! I am in my first week and sticking to 1200/day... I've lost 7 lbs since Monday!! I understand this will slow down. Was it rapid for you at first?
  • Klahnemann
    Klahnemann Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work; you look beautiful! 😄
  • shw112
    Options
    dontmel wrote: »
    This is so Inspiring. I’m down about 25 pounds overall. But I’m looking to lose about 40 more. How did you do it? Any tips for me?
    This is amazing! How long did it take you to lose 50 lbs? And do you have any tips or things you did other than just following the calorie goals? You look great! I am in my first week and sticking to 1200/day... I've lost 7 lbs since Monday!! I understand this will slow down. Was it rapid for you at first?

I first started properly losing around 2 years ago, but I lost the first 40 pounds in around 6 months, after that I maintained for ages (although i did go through a few cycles of gaining about 7 pounds and then losing it again), and then over the last couple of months i've lost another 10. It was very rapid for me at first, but yeah it will slow down i'm sorry to say!

I always struggle to answer when people ask me what I did, because honestly, I've done so many different things! i really suck at being consistent- at first i did count calories (about 1400 a day i think) which helped me to kickstart the whole thing, but i haven't been counting calories all this time! what i found was that after a period of really watching what i ate, I started to become more aware of when i was actually hungry and when i was full, and i'm now a lot better at eating intuitively and my appetite is much smaller than it was. I don't think i actually could go back to eating how I used to when i was bigger because i get full so much faster now. The one thing I have been consistent with and recommend to everyone is walking! I've tried a lot of different exercise regimes and never stuck to them, but the one thing i have always done is try to get in at least 10,000 steps a day, sometimes i do 15,000. This is honestly so much easier than it sounds, and doesn't even really feel like exercise at all if you find a good podcast/ audiobook to listen to while you do it!

And one more thing- don't feel bad if you screw up occasionally! I've literally screwed up a million times since i started, and it hasn't done as much damage as i thought it would. It doesn't matter how badly you go off track, you can always get back on again. And remember to treat yourself sometimes, because if you are too hard on yourself you will never stick to it.
    Hope that helps a bit, and best of luck!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look wonderful and have made some amazing progress! Keep up the wonderful work!! <3
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weightloss you look great!
  • Halloweenmom31
    Halloweenmom31 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I too 1cwq9z0l4iio.png
    am at 54 pounds and have 10 to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!