165 down from 250

13»

Replies

• xgxdxbx
    xgxdxbx Posts: 17 Member
    solieco1 wrote: »
    Still one of my favorite success stories! Glad to see an update!
    Thank you, so much! That means a lot :)
  • xgxdxbx
    amfmmama wrote: »
    I'm glad that you mentioned vanity, because deep down even though I know the health benefits outweigh the outward appearance part, I definitely am looking forward to looking as good on the outside as I will feel inside. It sounds so selfish when I admit it to myself, but it doesn't sound so bad coming from others.

Not selfish! I think that most people here, want to be healthy, but also want to look good and feel good about themselves. Health is wonderful... Self confidence is amazing!

@xgxdxbx Great Job!
    [/quote]
    Thank you!
    I completely agree! Heath is great, but we also have to hold our chins high!
  • tangent836
    tangent836 Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2019
    Congrats, bro! Amazing work! I've been dieting since last May and I'm 40lbs down. Obviously, not going as fast as you did. I started with 252 and now I weigh around 211. My goal is to be around 160. Our initial and goal weights seem to be very similar. I am curious, how tall are you? I'm 5'8".

Also, did you plateau at any time in your journey?
  • davidrip1
    davidrip1 Posts: 70 Member
    The article you submitted was dated 10/26/18 and said you went from 250 to 165lbs. This is an 85lb loss in aprox 300 days. How could this be possible with only a 300-600 calorie daily deficit? I assume you are calculating total out minus total in during a 24 hour day. My calculations say that this should result in a max 51lb loss.
  • gardendelight1
    gardendelight1 Posts: 1 Member
    Definitely inspiring. Just starting down 8 pounds and feeling better. Still have 85 pounds to go. One day at a time.Hope I can achieve my goal. Helps a lot to see that other people have done it. Keep it up.
  • xgxdxbx
    edited February 2019
    davidrip1 wrote: »
    The article you submitted was dated 10/26/18 and said you went from 250 to 165lbs. This is an 85lb loss in aprox 300 days. How could this be possible with only a 300-600 calorie daily deficit? I assume you are calculating total out minus total in during a 24 hour day. My calculations say that this should result in a max 51lb loss.

It’s possible.. here I am! Averaging 2-3 pounds a week.. every week. I never let up.
    You assume correct; I used MFP to track: CICO.
    Curious.. Where are you getting “51 pounds”?
    Quality of calories count. Besides pizza and Titos vodka my calories were pristine.
  • xgxdxbx
    tangent836 wrote: »
    Congrats, bro! Amazing work! I've been dieting since last May and I'm 40lbs down. Obviously, not going as fast as you did. I started with 252 and now I weigh around 211. My goal is to be around 160. Our initial and goal weights seem to be very similar. I am curious, how tall are you? I'm 5'8".

Also, did you plateau at any time in your journey?

Awesome job! You are well on your way!
    I’m 5’7”. I plateaued right at 200 and felt like I would never stay below it. I also feel like the 180’s were rough. No shame in saying - I relied on preworkout drinks to help get through it.
  • xgxdxbx
    Definitely inspiring. Just starting down 8 pounds and feeling better. Still have 85 pounds to go. One day at a time.Hope I can achieve my goal. Helps a lot to see that other people have done it. Keep it up.
    Definitely one day at a time! You CAN achieve your goal! It’s a process and the process works! Just track everything. Even the smallest things like salad dressing, croutons, or peanuts add up.
    With every pound you lose you are gaining momentum towards your goal. Also, don’t be afraid to stand your ground.. at times I had people say “you are dieting too hard or you can cheat sometimes (which I did..) but I’d politely respond “this is my journey, and I’m the one one that needs to decide these things”. You got this! Don’t give up.
  • davidrip1
    davidrip1 Posts: 70 Member
    xgxdxbx: I figured it takes a 3500 deficit to loose a pound.Your 600 daily deficit for 300 days equals 180,000 calories. Divided by 3500 equals 51 pounds. You obviously had a greater daily loss starting your regime than later on. I was just playing around with the numbers. I'm a yoyo dieter. I started my last attempt last monday AM at 225.6 pounds. Today, Saturday AM i'm at 216.8... an 8.8 pound loss in 5 days. I'm at an average 2000 calorie daily deficit. Based on past weight loss adventures i should reach my goal of 175 in less than 3 months. I have 2 glasses of wine a day.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    edited February 2019
    Amazing and congratulations, you did that and I love the muscle definition. You're at my goal weight, thanks for sharing what worked for you I"m still on it and sticking with it. Keep up the great work of maintenance, looking good :wink:
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Dayum. You look incredible!!
  • xgxdxbx
    davidrip1 wrote: »
    xgxdxbx: I figured it takes a 3500 deficit to loose a pound.Your 600 daily deficit for 300 days equals 180,000 calories. Divided by 3500 equals 51 pounds. You obviously had a greater daily loss starting your regime than later on. I was just playing around with the numbers. I'm a yoyo dieter. I started my last attempt last monday AM at 225.6 pounds. Today, Saturday AM i'm at 216.8... an 8.8 pound loss in 5 days. I'm at an average 2000 calorie daily deficit. Based on past weight loss adventures i should reach my goal of 175 in less than 3 months. I have 2 glasses of wine a day.

You’re right, the loss was greater in the beginning.
    I’ve also read several studies debunking the 3500 = one pound theory. I’m sure it’s close, but I wholeheartedly believe the quality of calories make weight loss easier. Glad you didn’t give up the wine! I love wine but switched to vodka because it has less calories and sugar. Now that I’m at goal, I do have wine again, though.
  • xgxdxbx
    edited February 2019
    Woo! I made it.

d663k1q0fxny.jpeg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!