ice easily eaten over 3,000 calories. have i ruined everything

kfc, drink and mint ice cream is to blame and i was thinking let’s take a break tonight (a get together) but that will mess up the small progress i’ve made

Replies

• trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    Step back. So you've eaten 3000 calories. Is that all together? What's your current estimate for your average maintenance per day, including exercise calories?

This is probably the equivalent of eating for a couple of days at maintenance for you.

I don't want to make you feel attacked, but classically, big splurges on food follow a period of harsh dieting. Or it means you're premenstrual and need a few more calories that day.

What kind of deficit have you got yourself set to, generally?
    notmally i trunto eat 1,300 calories a day Ma
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    trulyhealy wrote: »
    Step back. So you've eaten 3000 calories. Is that all together? What's your current estimate for your average maintenance per day, including exercise calories?

This is probably the equivalent of eating for a couple of days at maintenance for you.

I don't want to make you feel attacked, but classically, big splurges on food follow a period of harsh dieting. Or it means you're premenstrual and need a few more calories that day.

Okay, that's a sizeable deficit. Don't you do a lot of walking as well?

• trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    trulyhealy wrote: »

Okay, that's a sizeable deficit. Don't you do a lot of walking as well?

yeah but not since wednesday and will get back from being away next wednesday
  • greensky777
    greensky777 Posts: 2 Member
    Wow, that chart is pretty sobering. Could be my calorie log from last month. It is so hard to trick our bodies into dropping weight! Slow and steady seems to be the name of the game for a lot of people, probably myself included. I want so badly to see results and almost need to in order to keep up my motivation but the binge/calorie makeup days can be real.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Wow, that chart is pretty sobering. Could be my calorie log from last month. It is so hard to trick our bodies into dropping weight! Slow and steady seems to be the name of the game for a lot of people, probably myself included. I want so badly to see results and almost need to in order to keep up my motivation but the binge/calorie makeup days can be real.
    Yup. I've done it as well.

For me, an isolated day of irresistible hunger is probably just pre-menstrual hunger, but any pattern like this means I need to reassess my current activity levels and whether I'm eating too little.

• amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    nope. just get right back to logging, and what you were doing. Life will throw you curve balls... you can do this!
  • rachelpelucca
    rachelpelucca Posts: 57 Member
    Just make sure you don’t get stuck on it. It will only ruin your progress if you allow it to. You got this!
  • perfetto19
    perfetto19 Posts: 2 Member
    No. Today I have eaten the same, and I just know that I need to cut a lot more calories tomorrow, and work out a little harder! We all have those days where we drink a big glass of fucitall. We just have to get back on the horse and remember this is a uphill journey, not a walking path. We will get there!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    perfetto19 wrote: »
    No. Today I have eaten the same, and I just know that I need to cut a lot more calories tomorrow, and work out a little harder! We all have those days where we drink a big glass of fucitall. We just have to get back on the horse and remember this is a uphill journey, not a walking path. We will get there!

Trying to compensate for it the next day is actually one of the worst plans. Better just to get back to normal logging. Otherwise you tend to drive yourself quicker towards a binge/restrict cycle, like that shown in the graph image posted further up.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    You sound like you want people to say "Yes, you've ruined it. Its all over, you might as well quit."

That's not what people are going to say.
    It was a bad day. Tomorrow is a different day.
    Treating ANYTHING in this world as all or nothing will get you nowhere but miserable.

I tell my kids, when they come to me with mistakes they've made, "Okay, you messed up. That's done and over and you can't change that. What are you going to do now to start making this right? What are you going to do tomorrow to get back on track?"
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Just pick yourself up and start over again today. That's all you can do. Don't beat yourself up - learn from it - and move on. MOST of us here have done it - don't let one bad day turn into a bad week or bad month.

Good luck!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Have you sought out help or professional advice with your relationship with food? I've seen a number of what come across as quite panicky threads you've started.

Speaking with someone might help to come to grips with the issues and anxieties you seem to have in regards to eating.

G'luck