Sedentary job - weight mess

Options
I hardly get any exercise on weekdays and I’m so low energy on weekends trying to unwind. Checked my weight today and it’s 160 lbs:(

Geez ! I have to take action and lose 20 lbs. doesn’t help that I notice my back hurts due to the bad lifestyle habits I’ve picked up.

Somethings gotta change.

Does anyone else have such woes?

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    You do not have to exercise to lose weight. A calorie deficit alone will do that.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    With 20 lbs to lose, set your goal to lose either 0.5lbs or maybe 1 lb per week and just start logging and hitting that calorie goal. Then just start trying to add in some walking. 10 mins here, 10 mins there, it adds up. Log those walks and eat back at least some of those cals (all of them if you set your goal to 1 lb).

Are you getting a decent amount of sleep? Often when we want to lose weight we focus first on exercise, but having energy for exercise AND to make smart food choices is almost impossible if you're sleep deprived.

Just start slow and work up to doing better, one week at a time :drinker:
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You could just start off with some stretches. Look up some back stretches and some yoga stretches and try doing those without stretching too hard, so you don't injure yourself. And walk a bit more.

Try setting your goal to lose 1 pound a week. If that isn't enough food for you, try setting it to 1/2 lb a week. That should help you to get some weight off.