First day

Options
I had been healthy all my adult life until about 4 yrs ago...after an abusive relationaship and much stress. I gained 25 lbs because I found I just did not care anymore. Well I do care and now I am struggling to lose the weight and return to the person I used to be. Because I moved to an extremely rural area...I have to be innovative in ways to exercise and to shop for nutritional food. No gyms or Health Food Stores here!!! I now have a goal and I hope this site helps me succeed.

Replies

• Riotactor10
    Options
    Well at least you have the internet!! j/k

Welcome - and good luck with your goals - this is a GREAT place to meet supportive people and help you hit your goals!
  • Nephy07
    Nephy07 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I'm sure that with this site, you won't have problems with loosing weight. If you need any friends here, feel free to add me :) I'm also new here
  • Robscofle
    Options
    Hi there

Welcome to MFP. I joined in July. Have lost 16lbs in 5 weeks so far with target wt loss of 42lbs.

Sorry to hear about your past problems...but they are the past and you can now look forward.

If you live in a rural area...it is ideal for walking/running/cycling?

Good luck with your weight loss/health improvement plan.

I'm happy to offer any support/advice. Friend me.

Regards
    Rob
  • shelleytobefit
    shelleytobefit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello :) yesterday was my first day as well.....welcome!! Seems to be a nice site to use and I am liking being able to track! Congrats on starting new and making some changes for YOU!! Makes me smile to know you were one of the lucky ones to get out of an abusive relationship....you are so strong and I know you don't know me, BUT I am so proud of you for standing up for you. You deserve so much and taking care of you and your health is a great way to start! I wish you all the best in your journey!
    ~ Shelley
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find lots of support and information here to help you on you weight loss journey. As far as not being able to go to a gym...you always have walking, running or dvds to help you. Feel free to friend me! Good luck!
  • firegirley
    firegirley Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Not quite the same boat, but over the last 4 years I've put on 50lbs!! IIt had slowly been creeping due to depression, but once I had a hysterectomy, it really started to take off. My relationship with my husband has suffered, and I absolutely cant stand what I've become.
    I need to lose 65 lbs. I'm always tired, achey, and plain old miserable. I want to get back to happy healthy and self assured! I have a gym membership but wont go. Too many skinny people there, I'm waaaayyyyy too self conscious. I'm going to try walking daily. As for health food stores, I'm thinking that gardening might be a good answer for you? Other than that, all grocery stores have veggie sections, and there are healthy alternatives to the easy to grab junk food. I need to find them, too!!
    Do you have any friends in your new community yet? Will any of them walk with you? Its a great way to get to know people one on one. What about a dog?
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!!

I first started to gain weight in an abusive relationship, left relationship, started to lose it, found great relationship, work happened and less activity, gained more weight. Losing now for good.

One idea for excerise - what cable company do you have? Our's has an on Demand option called Excercise TV, and regular cable channels dedicated to fitness and health. Some good workouts on there. I have a DVD collection of workouts and I am currently doing TurboFire. I found that a preset program with a guide or calendar works best for me. Without it, I am light on cardio and too much toning and muscle work. If you have Netflix, they have a good excercise selection also.

MFP is a great tool and made all the difference to me. Good luck!!
  • Evelyn2050
    Evelyn2050 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    welcome! bravo for taking huge step into the future and a new way of life! Life in the country is awesome, I hope you find ways to make it your own. :)
  • Wintergerst
    Options
    Wow, I am overwhelmed with the support I have been given already! Thank you .. I am kind of computer illiterate so not sure how to friend someone on this site.