1 Year Fitness Anniversary

LDOby10
LDOby10 Posts: 14 Member
edited February 2019 in Success Stories
Hello to myfitnesspal community members! This is my first post, although I've been voraciously reading the forums, learning, and soaking up the inspiration. Thank you for your contributions.

Today is my 1 year fitness anniversary. One year ago today, I had been thinking about losing weight - about trying to lose weight for the first time in my life. I'd always been a slim person. But, by age 42, my years of indulgence with no limits had taken a firm hold of my belly. I googled calorie counters and found myfitnesspal. I was so impressed with the ap that I started logging and meeting my caloric goals that very day: Feb 13, 2018. It was exactly what I needed and the weight started falling off. I didn't have lots to lose (I was aiming for 10 -15lbs) - and I ended up losing more than I bargained for. (I lost an additional 10 pounds even after I switched to eating "maintenance" calories. I've been in true maintenance now since end-November.) I love how I look and going clothes shopping is such a pleasure now.

In addition to watching my diet, I walk, swim laps, and do body weight HIIT. I plug all my planned workouts into my calendar and then GET THEM DONE!

I feel great physically and emotionally. :)

I was hoping to log on to myfitnesspal today and see a little badge or some recognition for my year of participation and committment - but all I got was notice that it was time to renew my subscription! lol I guess I'd better do that. I plan on logging for at least another year.

I'm so happy to have found this community and to consider myself a success story now.

q21gqrf86r9o.png
36" down to 29.5" across the widest part of my belly (my only before and after pic)

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Congratulations! You're making a great life for your future you :) I started turning my eating and fitness around in my mid-40s. I cannot believe what I can do now that I would not have been able to do 10 years ago. It's so worth it!! Fitness goals are my new jam. My workouts have purpose, my eating is more thoughtful, my clothes fit better. Keep up the great work!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Congratulations, you look happy and healthy.

I got an email last November from MFP congratulating me on 8yr. It is the only one I have ever got.

I see you are doing Body Boss. How are you enjoying it? My DiL started a second round of it in January. She really enjoyed her first round and was pleased with her results.

Cheers, h.
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    Congratulations! And may I just say, you have an AMAZING body!
  • LDOby10
    edited February 2019
    Hi Middlehaitch, I've enjoyed many of your posts over the last year, and thought you looked amazing in your little black dress in front of the Christmas tree! I've made a mental note to expect recognition from MFP at the 8 year mark! lol Yes, I'm also doing BodyBoss. Like your DiL, I started my second round this Jan. I started the first round after I lost weight, so I was hoping to tone up a bit. I think that I HAVE toned up, although it isn't really evident in my before and after pics. However, when I squeeze my quads, they aren't squishy like they used to be. They are hard and solid! I'm pretty sure that is lean muscle! ;) I like that I can do the program at home and that there is no additional cost repeating it since I own the book. I enjoy the BB community on line -much as I enjoy the MFP community. It is good for morale to be in good company! :)
  • xgxdxbx
    xgxdxbx Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2019
    Congrats!

I just celebrated my one year, as well (Down 85lbs).
  • LDOby10
    Way to go xgxdxbx! That is an impressive achievement. I hope you are enjoying the benefits of your hard work and achievement. :smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!