Breakfast ideas?

Options
What combination of filling foods would make a good, and interesting breakfast under 250kcal?

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    i eat steel cut oats, with a bit of fruit. i need something very harty to keep be going.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Saute two slices of processed deli ham and add a fried egg on top. No carbs. 180 calories. Two fried eggs 270 calories.

BTW, my breakfast has been identical 6 days a week for the last 20 years: 424 calories of raw oats, store bought granola, nuts and fresh fruit.
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love kodiak cakes. With light whipped cream.
    I love egg whites & turkey bacon or sausages.
    Oatmeal.
    Two slices of little big bread with light cream cheese.
    Greek yogurt with nuts and berriers.
    Some of my personal favourites obviously I make small changes to them depending on my hunger level or cravings
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    My go-to lately is Fiber One Bran cereal with 2% milk and lots of fresh berries (usually blueberries and raspberries), plus more milk with my coffee. That’s under 200 calories (usually about 180) and then if I’m really hungry again before lunch I grab a hardboiled egg, which would round it out to 250. If I’m busy or not too hungry I save the egg for an afternoon snack or eat it with my lunch.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    If you have a couple of minutes... I "cook" 50g each blueberries and raspberries lately, just straight in a non stick pan for a couple minutes until they get squishy and warm, and then I have them with a pot of yoghurt (Oikos triple zero just now) and a half serving each puffed wheat and puffed kamut. Makes a big "volume" bowl but is under 250 cals.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    If you have a couple of minutes... I "cook" 50g each blueberries and raspberries lately, just straight in a non stick pan for a couple minutes until they get squishy and warm, and then I have them with a pot of yoghurt (Oikos triple zero just now) and a half serving each puffed wheat and puffed kamut. Makes a big "volume" bowl but is under 250 cals.

That's an awesome idea. Do you use fresh? I'm wondering if this will work frozen. My area is in the late-stages of winter so fresh non-tropical is kinda expensive.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I bet frozen would be totally fine! I might switch to frozen for the raspberries at least because they mold so fast when fresh.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    1/2 a multigrain lite English muffin, 1/4 avocado sliced or smashed, one egg fried with Pam spray, a dash of Everything but the Bagel Seasoning. It clocks in at just under 200 calories. I find this filling and tasty. If I know I am working out or running, I double up.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt parfait - lemon Greek, frozen raspberries, Kashi GoLean and slivered almonds for crunch.

High fiber English muffin, 1 cooked egg (ramekin) 2% cheese slice and ham.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I love my coffee protein powder smoothie. With minor tweaks it could easily be under or equal to 250 calories.

Teeccino is an herbal coffee substitute. I just add it for flavor.

z22irivbkl1v.png
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Protein shake w/banana or peanut butter
    Banana w/peanut butter or almond butter
    Eggs and ham or eggs and fruit

It just depends how I feel, But I always need some protein in the morning or I get cravey around lunchtime. If you can have gluten, the Thomas light english muffins are only 100 calories, so you could do that with either nut butter or eggs.
  • Jeeplet18
    Jeeplet18 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    1/2 a multigrain lite English muffin, 1/4 avocado sliced or smashed, one egg fried with Pam spray, a dash of Everything but the Bagel Seasoning. It clocks in at just under 200 calories. I find this filling and tasty. If I know I am working out or running, I double up.

this sounds great! I love "Everything But the Bagel" Seasoning! I usually sprinkle it on plain hummus, but I am sooo going to try this!
  • MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I steamed spinach in microwave and also cooked onion & garlic in microwave, eliminating the need for the oil.

Ingredients

A little oil to sautéed the veggies

Pam

2 cloves garlic minced

1 onion chopped

10 ounces spinach fresh (washed) or frozen (thawed and drained)

2 eggs beaten

3/4 cup eggbeaters

2 cups shredded cheese

2 tbsp grated Parmesan

1 tablespoon dried parsley

pinch nutmeg optional

1/8 teaspoon salt

pinch pepper

Instructions
    1. Spray a 10 inch pie plate with Pam. Set aside.
    2. Preheat oven to 350℉.
    3. Over medium-high heat, heat olive oil in a large skillet.
    4. Add garlic, stir-fry for 1 minute.
    5. Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
    6. Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally until mixture has lost its' moisture.
    7. Meanwhile, combine eggs, cheese, herbs and spices.
    8. Remove spinach mixture from heat and set aside to cool slightly for a few minutes.
    9. Combine cheese and spinach mixture.
    10. Pour mixture in prepared pie plate.
    11. Bake in oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until mixture has set.

I divide it into 8 and it's about 160 per serving. You can having a bigger serving to get closer to 250.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Jeeplet18 wrote: »
    this sounds great! I love "Everything But the Bagel" Seasoning! I usually sprinkle it on plain hummus, but I am sooo going to try this!

Let me know what you think. I love it. It’s my new favorite breakfast!