Ph.D student trying to balance being healthy and everything else

misterproteinshake
misterproteinshake Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all, yesterday 02/17 was my 27th bday. I have decided that today Monday 18th is the day I regain control of my health once again. I have not been in shape since I graduated high school in 2010. I miss feeling good about myself and how I look in the mirror. I need friends in here to do this with. I started my PhD program in January and it has been quite hectic, I need people that are in a similar “busy” schedule as me so we can overcome these time constraints. I have reached the highest weight ever at 270 lbs, it was a shock looking down at the scale and seeing that number. I am a pretty tall guy at 6’3”, but still 270 is too heavy for me. Add me or comment below so I can add you, hope we can achieve this together.

Replies

• GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Do you know what helped me during my PhD? Getting healthy. I know exactly what you're going through. Exercise and a great diet helps with the stress of a PhD. Actually it helps in all facets of life!

Welcome to MFP. The community is great and there is LOTS of info on this forum - so get started on your "getting healthy" literature review! Just renember to cite cirrectly ;)
  • BMsJourney
    BMsJourney Posts: 106 Member
    Welcome! Feel free to add me :)

I'm no PhD student, but I do work as an engineer, at the same time as managing a business on the side and having 3 dogs, one training for various competitions, one training for SAR... Quite familiar with managing a hectic life... :smile: