Working overnights

Options
I work over nights and split my sleep, I work 10pm-8am go to sleep from 10:30am-1:30pm then take a nap from 6-8:30pm idk a good start time and end time to track my calories I’m literally eating in the day and at night any suggestions?

Replies

• youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    When do you usually have your meals? My concern is actually that you're only getting 5 and 1/2 hours of sleep, but I guess that's not related to your question..

Your body and metabolism don't reset at the end of 24 hours, and you are literally always burning calories so the timing of your meals is a little bit less important than how much you're eating on average. Some people prefer to average their calories over the course of a week to account for higher and lower calorie days. For the purpose of ease of logging your meals since you probably don't follow a "traditional" meal schedule, you could just log whatever you consider your breakfast as such, and so on and so forth, and start the next day with your next breakfast.
  • bselles27
    bselles27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yea the sleep thing is hard right now because my youngest daughter is in kinder so she only goes to school half day, but once summer vacation comes and she goes to 1st grade I’ll get a lot more sleep, but totally makes sense what you’re saying, Very helpful I’ll consider the meal I eat from when I wake up in the afternoon my breakfast and what I eat at work like at 5am my dinner
    Thank you