I have lost all will power, now I’m bigger

Options
Mya77B
Mya77B Posts: 1 Member
My stress level has been so high. It’s keeps me out of the gym, I eat a lot more. I know a healthy diet and exercise is what I need more than anything yet I can’t find the energy. I feel horrible about myself .

Replies

• foxtrot1965
    foxtrot1965 Posts: 133 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    What can you do to get your stress level down? Without knowing your situation I can only really suggest random things:
    -i try to force myself to go on break at work, I love walking so I walk for the full hour and window shop
    -is there anything fun you've wanted to try? Or learn? Like a glass blowing workshop? Crochet? Woodworking? Painting? Building model figurines?
    -at end of day try to tell yourself some things you are thankful for
    -self care is so important, and we all forget to do it from time to time, but sacrificing other things is worth it. Leave your desk on time, take time to take care of you!
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    ok, it sounds like the biggeat prpblem you have is stress, not weight loss.
    if the stress is something you can't remove maybe you can slightly lessen it to make room for another task (weight loss). i would never suggest to people to undertake multiple hard projects unless they are emotionally doing fine, but if you really want to do some weight loss work while beong stressed tf out:
    1. make important switches in your routones. swap out your coffee creamer for sugar or fat free to shave calories, dronk diet soda, add in veggies when possible, grab frozen dinners or dinners where you know the callrie count and try to reduce your calories in a way that at least stops you from gaining.
    2. add in a tiny bit of walking and try to slowly inctease (park further, take stairs sometimes not alway, and just walk around your grocery store a. little more) it begins an exercise habit you can increase when you feel better and it is good for your stress.
    3. get better sleep. science is in: you need to recover well especially when stressed or hormonally your diet will be affected by food cravings that you don't have the energy to avoid.

at the end of the day, you don't have energy because life is sucking right now. take care of yourself and make yourself feel better. feeling horrible about yourself is not the place to begin anything but a plan for how to feel awesone about yourself. you are doing a good job just keeping your head up! relax, calm down, address the stress and take control of your life as you can.

best of luck and chin up!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Being in control of my eating and knowing my calories actually lowers my stress because it's something I CAN control. Give it a try!
  • nynjcitygirlelaine
    Options
    Hi Mya77B,
    You already know what is affecting you and you also know what you need to do. The fact that you know and acknowledge those two things is AWESOME.
    It seems like we are in a similar place, and like you, once again I am back here.
    Feeling badly about yourself (I can relate because I'm there with you) is the hardest thing to tackle. Getting past that, in my opinion, is the toughest challenge.
    When we feel good about ourselves we can usually deal with stress and other factors that are adversely affecting our desire to slim down and get healthy. ("My own worst enemy syndrome")
    Start with 1 change at a time. It is a proven fact that 15 consecutive days of change will become habit. Trying to change too many things at once, usually sets me up, for failure.
    THEOWLBOX listed several good strategies - pick one and do it for 15 days. Once you are in good standing and feeling upbeat about that choice add something else.
    There are many people on here that are supportive. Find a few and build a connection with them. That might help you as well.
    I hope these words are helpful.
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I know this feeling so well! I need some external accountability to get me back on track. I tell a few people or post about it on here and pre-log my food a few days out. Take time for you when you can to try to reduce your stress.