Keto diet

Options
Today is the first day of my 21 day Keto challenge. Both my partner and I are doing it. Any tips to not give up!!!!

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    The tip to not give up is to select a way of eating that is most natural and sustainable for you that suites your preferences. If a way of eating is a struggle and you feel like giving up, it's not going to work for you long term and the likelihood is high that you may regain anything you lose when you return to your old way of eating.
  • luciG2423
    luciG2423 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It’s a 21 day challenge to get me eating healthier again. In the long term I want to loose 16kg - I know it’s a lot - I am overweight.
    So this challenge is to simply break the HIIT of snacking and making better healthier choices. I have to be strict with myself or I will never loose the weight.
  • luciG2423
    luciG2423 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also, Thankyou all for the amazing advice. It’s really appreciated and will continue blogging daily !!!
    Thankyou guys xxx
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into research about how to most likely lose weight and keep it off? Restrictive diets like keto are not even close to it.

Research shows that the best way to lose and keep weight off is to find a way of eating that is sustainable long term. A diet where you don't feel that you are being restricted from eating foods that you enjoy. A diet that you can envisage eating long term, instead of just a quick fix. Fad restrictive diets just lead to a restrict and binge cycle for most people, hence the yoyo dieting term.
    My suggestion to enable success is to simply weigh and log your food for a week while being totally honest. This way you know exactly what you are eating and the calories they contain. From here it is easier to see where you can make changes to reduce your calorie intake by seeing which foods simply are not worth the calories they contain. This way it is easier to see which foods you really enjoy, but can eat in smaller portions.

Making one change at a time, work on reducing your calories to the default goals given to you by MFP when you enter your stats. Play around with the macro percentages if you have problems with satiety. Some find protein most filling, others fibre, others starches, other fats, others a combination of all three. If you still have problems keeping to the calories given then consider reducing your rate of loss. It is better to lose slowly and succeed than be quicker and give up when it gets too hard.

Be patient and realise that weight loss is not linear. There are days when it will go up and days when it will go down. The overall trend is all that counts. Tracking your weight on a weight trending app like Libra (android) or Happyscale (iPhone) is an excellent resource for monitoring trend.

Most important - read the stickies up above. They are informative and there for a reason.