New here - and LOVE this site!

Options
Hi everyone!

I've been on MFP for a week now, and so far so good. I've made big changes to what I've been eating using the food tracker (my God! I can't believe I thought I was eating ok before!) and I've started working out at home. It's tough to fit that in...I'm up at 5:30 for work, home by 6:30, and have 2 young boys at home. My husband works nights, so it's just me and the boys. But I'm committed to fitting it in somehow now. I bribe them..."if you let mommy do this workout tape, we'll play Wii when I'm done". That works!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I'm excited, and motivated to do this!!

Replies

• welcome! glad you like the site, great tactics, keep it up!
  • squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    another idea...get them doing the wii excersises with you and make it a game....my youngest has been bugging me to do it with her. I guess thats dependant on if they are old enough to participate. And welcome ...a week is still a newbie ;)
  • strawberryshortbread
    Options
    HI and welcome!

like me you sound very busy i also leave for work at 5.30 am and don't get home till after 6.30 in the evening. I agree with you the exercise is hard work fitting it in but when you start to see the results it really keeps you going.

Keep up the good work :)
  • HisButterfly
    HisButterfly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My current and ongoing battle is finding exercise that fits into my life and schedule....well, I have come to the conclusion that I will fit my life and schedule into my exercise :) I have made the choice to eliminate the excuses...sounds like you have too! Good Job!!! Now when my kids are playing in the back yard I will run laps around the perimeter...whatever it takes! I wish you good luck!!