Help! Need someone to keep me accountable!

Options
Hey all! I am a 42 year old mother of 3. Several years ago, I lost 55 lbs. It took forever (4 years) because I have PCOS. Of course....I gained all of that back (plus a few extra). Now I am finding it impossible to stay on a diet. I give up FAST, I have no motivation to exercise. My family gives in to whatever I want and does not help me stay on the path. I really need someone (or many) to help keep me accountable! Any suggestions?

Replies

• ndargy1977
    ndargy1977 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't have many suggestions, but I'm sure willing to help if you'll help me too :) Weekends are my biggest downfall!! I also have 3 children, but they are all adults, so I have plenty of time to get my *kitten* together, but I lack motivation - lets MOTIVATE each other!! :) I'll add you
  • Jeaners0523
    Jeaners0523 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am really needing accountability and support too! I am also in my early 40’s and a mom. I do well for awhile and then it all falls apart. Can I add you and maybe we could all support each other?
  • mylla013
    mylla013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes to both! One of my 3 children is an adult (22). The other two are 16 and 12. I would love to have added support and offer it as well. Weekends are often my downfall too, or anything we do that isn't the norm. If we go to a movie for example, then I justify the popcorn or snacks (excuse, excuse, excuse). Or if we do something more physical then usual (more excuses). I'm really bad about it out. I think because it took SOOO long to lose the weight before, my head just doesn't want to diet anymore, lol.
  • SomedayButtons
    SomedayButtons Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’m a mom of 4 (12,10,6,3). Working on being consistent with exercise and sleep. Pushing water and doing alternative activities when overwhelmed. Trying a new approach this year—focusing on healing my body rather than punishing it and disliking it. SLOW progress, but progress. You can add me to the group. :)