The Diamond Challenge (DITR) Round 5 Week 1

Options

Replies

• millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Hey Ladies!! So glad to be apart of this group and have some motivation and accountability! I have my first triathlon in 20 days, so as part of this groups starting today, my goal is to stick to my training plan completely for the next 20 days, and then after that, to keep active for the last 10 days of this challenge too! :)

Good luck!!! I have done a few tri's in the past! You will be awesome, I am sure. :)
  • yanina6
    yanina6 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm just testing the signature part. I followed directions so hopefully this works.
  • ehlertmartha
    Options
    Could someone send me the link to see which group we are in ?

please i would appreciate it greatly
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Morning Diamonds!!

We are off to a slow start this Round but things are coming together nicely! Just bare with me and it will all be sorted out soon!! This is just a heads up that miss_jamaica and I will be trying out some new ideas to better the Challenge this Round, and one of those changes happens to be combining thread posts. This way we will all share one thread, and be able to interact more with one another. Miss_jamaica will kindly be posting our first thread, so when she does I will get you all a link to that so you can join :)
    We are hoping that combining the thread will allow for MORE of a competition (light trash talk included!), and light a fire under all our butts!

Again, when this starts I will let you all know. This competition just got a whole lot more interesting!!

Bring your game faces Ladies!!!!

~Lustris
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Is there a link to the blog anywhere? I never received an e-mail to say that I was in the team until last night and I've not had any information about partners/groups?

Julie

ETA Ignore me, found it, partner messaged and added as a friend, hope to get to know you all soon!.
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!! I'm changing my routine by adding some more cardio. I've only been getting out for a short walk in the evenings recently. I will be digging the bike out of the cellar today! WOOT!
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm changing my routine by cutting down on the amount of carbs I eat and trying to eat a bit cleaner. I'm also committing to exercising every day and logging every day - even weekends!
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    logging every day, even during the weekends... I see this a lot. I am an offender to this crime as well. I cheat on the weekends then get pissy that I gained on monday. well DUH. So, that is a good change to make. If I am to embarrassed to log it in the diary, then it doesn't belong in my mouth :embarassed:
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    This week I'm setting a goal to workout at least 30 minutes a day for at least 6 days! I always tend to do more but I've got a bad habit of skipping days. (shame on me). So that's my goal- no skipping days!!!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    posting so I can find this later, work is crazy busy!

Jen
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I will be changing my routine by doing my workouts in the morning instead of the evenings. I also am going to try less carbs to see if that helps my weight loss.
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Aleena here .. I am quite new here on MFP so this is my 1st time taking part in any challenge here. I am super excited !!! Starting today am going to start off with Jillian Michaels 30 DS daily and water ..water..water !
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hello All,

I'm all set. I've changed my profile and chatted with my partner.

QOTD for Monday August 22nd.

What changes have you made to your diet/fitness routine, if any, to kick off this challenge? Starting today, I will get on the elliptical for an extra 15 mins or walk the dogs for an extra 15.

Starleng
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    OOOPS...Duplicate post.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    What changes have you made to your diet/fitness routine, if any, to kick off this challenge?

will try to eat healthy, n try to go to gym more regularly

Kathy
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am so excited to be a part of the challenge. I didn't realize that this was posted on the forum until now. I guess I will answer yesterday's question. I have been watching more of what I eat to kick start the transformation. I am fine with working out plenty, but struggle with eating properly.

Look forward to the challenge.
  • holly_bear
    Options
    QOTD for Monday August 22nd.

What changes have you made to your diet/fitness routine, if any, to kick off this challenge?

I am starting off with a few big changes. I have been in a rut!! So I have started logging again today. So far so good! Also, I need to get working out more so I am signing up for boxing on Thursday! A little nervous! I am also trying hard not to buy snacks during the day which has become a habit.
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    How are all you ladies doing? I hope you all had a great day filled with healthy choices! Remember diamonds, it is all mind over matter and together we can do this!! I know most of the ladies on the Little Diamonds Team personally and they are STRONG competitors so keep that in mind when we are out there kicking butt and taking names :laugh: DITR will be the team to beat this round!!

Thank you to all the ladies who answered the QOTD for yesterday, we are still waiting on a few ladies to join us but I will continue on...

QOTD for Wednesday August 23rd

Losing weight is a huge accomplishment! What other accomplishments are you proud of?

Keep Shining Diamonds :flowerforyou:
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    If you have tried to get in touch with your partner and still not received a response please let me know!
  • britneeb23
    Options
    To answer today's question, one accomplishment that I am especially proud of is completing my first full year of college courses in July.