Crystal Light Alternatives

Options
cnsmith2
cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
Wanted to see if anyone knew of drinks along the lines of Crystal Light that I could try. I have a very hard time drinking plain water. I have tried filtered and bottled, but the only real water I enjoy the taste of is Evian and I'm not willing to pay for that.

I love propel, but buying those packets get a bit expensive.

I love Crystal Light, but I'm fairly certain it doesn't agree with me on a digestive level. I thought it was just the darker colored ones, but I now believe it is all Crystal Light.

Just looking for some potential help.

Thanks ya'll!

Replies

• lunaephiliac
    Options
    Mio is pretty good and zero kcal.
  • tklarakis
    Options
    Try the Great Value (Walmart) Fruit Punch! So good, and doesn't even taste sugar free! It's right next to the Crystal Light ;)
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Mio is pretty good and zero kcal.

I love Mio but sadly it has not made it's way to Saskatchewan Canada yet :(
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Awwww......I was going to say Mio!! I cant be drinking the Crystal Light. Belly goes NUTTY! It is the sweetener. My cousins kids call Crystal light (when they get it at their grandfathers, he is diabetic) Grampie's Poopin Kool Aid...LOL.....they drink a pile of it, and well...ya know....lol
  • cnsmith2
    Options
    I kinda hate Walmart lol, but I think my Mom shops there so I may ask her to pick something up for me, and I'll definitely try Mio!!!

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. :)
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hawaiian Punch Sugar Free - 5 cals per packet there's different flavors
  • kimcatania
    Options
    I'm like you... just can't drink plain water. Try a glass with a slice of lemon and a slice of cucumber. It sounds weird, but tastes GREAT! I call it my "Summer water" and you can make it by the pitcher with a few slices of each. Even if you don't care for cucumber, you should give it a try. It's a hard to explain taste.... but definitely really good and easy to drink!
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Recently had water with lemon and cucumber in it and man was it ever good!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I just recently (this weekend) made the switch to no artificial sweeteners and found True Lemon, which is sweetened with Stevia and only 5 calories. If you go to their website you can search in your area for retailers that carry it. It will also show you what flavors they carry.
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm like you... just can't drink plain water. Try a glass with a slice of lemon and a slice of cucumber. It sounds weird, but tastes GREAT! I call it my "Summer water" and you can make it by the pitcher with a few slices of each. Even if you don't care for cucumber, you should give it a try. It's a hard to explain taste.... but definitely really good and easy to drink!

I second this -- I generally can't stand cucumbers, but this drink is awesome! I make a pitcher of it in the morning, stick it out on the back deck in the sun for an hour or two and bring it back in to the fridge to chill. Just delish!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I also despise plain water. I brew a huge batch of tea, I like Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry, and I add slices of fresh ginger. I make a big batch that says cold in the fridge during the week.
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Most grocery stores have a generic version of Crystal Light, but I am not sure if it is a better alternative. I like them, I buy the safeway ones all the time, and they taste great!!! I'm not a huge fan of water either!! lol I also really like the Sobe Lifewaters, and it seems they have been on sale at a lot of places lately, so maybe try one of those?! The Powerade Zero is good, I prefer it over the no cal gatorade. You can also try the store brand sparkling waters, those are tastey too!!!
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you aren't afraid of a few calories, Tetley has a tea infusion that is quite nice, made with real sugar. I think it's 50 calories per packet/500ml made drink. I use one packet to a 990ML bottle when I need a bit of a boost to slog through the water drinking
  • newashley
    newashley Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love adding mint leaves. It is sooo refreshing!
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    They have cold-brew tea bags at most grocery stores. I just get those and throw them in a jug of water to keep in my fridge. No sugar, no artificial sweeteners, no calories!
  • cnsmith2
    Options
    I'm sadly extremely picky lol and I don't drink tea. I have however, picked up a Mio and so far I like the taste and no bad side effects!!! I will definitely have to give a couple of these other options a try though!!!

Thanks for the advice everyone :)
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I love walmart's cherry limeade mix- 5 calories per serving and it tastes just like a cherry Popsicle. I love them! The raspberry ice flavor is sooooo good too!