5'1" 52 yo, 90 lbs to lose, looking for friends

Options
Arc130
Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
Hi everyone,

I started this MFP account very late yesterday night so I didn't log anything. I've been yo-yo dieting for a very, very long time. My latest round of losing weight started in May 2018 with my highest weight of 236 lbs. Since May, I've lost 30, regained more than half, and only recently lost about 6 again for a total loss of 18 lbs. I still have about 90 lbs to lose. I'm looking for friends for support and to help me stay accountable. I can have long periods of overeating and am trying to overcome that by logging what I eat in MFP. Please add me if you have similar goals. Thanks!

Rose

Replies

• jamescraigp
    jamescraigp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs in half a year from simple diet change and exercise. I weighed 305 lbs. as of last August. I now weigh 253. I'm still trying to lose more weight. I would love to join you. I'm new on here too.
  • Arc130
    Options
    Congrats on your 50 lb loss!! That's awesome, James! Also, thanks for the add. I'm looking forward to the journey ahead. :)
  • brittanyskaar
    brittanyskaar Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hey guys! Great to meet you! I have been on here for a long time, (went mia for a while but I'm back!) I have been using MFP for about 8 years, it's a great app and just gets better all the time. I'd love to be part of your circles. I started my journey with a huge goal to lose 130 pounds by my 40th bday. after almost 2 years of busting my butt, I made it to my goal. I weighed in at 315 pounds on Jan. 28th 2011.. and made it to 178 by Sept 2012. Fast forward to today, I'm at 200 today, but I have a huge emphasis on strength training, i have gained significant muscle, but it's accompanied with body fat too, such a bummer.. so Nnnnnooow---I'm focused on leaning up. Losing the extra fat and trying my hardest to keep that precious muscle. As you guys probably know, with significant weight loss, comes a whole other demon, and that's the dreaded excess skin.. so.. my solution was to fill that void up with righteous muscle, so far, it's been great, I love how far I've come. but it's harder now than ever-- to stay focused, and on track. It would be awesome to have you guys in my circle! The more the support the better! Please feel free to friend me at [personal details removed by MFP mods - please share your email via private message]
  • brittanyskaar
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs in half a year from simple diet change and exercise. I weighed 305 lbs. as of last August. I now weigh 253. I'm still trying to lose more weight. I would love to join you. I'm new on here too.

Great Job James! Keep up the hard work! I'd love to have you as a pal on here! feel free to add me: [personal details removed by MFP mods - please share your email via private message]
  • brittanyskaar
    Options
    Arc130 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I started this MFP account very late yesterday night so I didn't log anything. I've been yo-yo dieting for a very, very long time. My latest round of losing weight started in May 2018 with my highest weight of 236 lbs. Since May, I've lost 30, regained more than half, and only recently lost about 6 again for a total loss of 18 lbs. I still have about 90 lbs to lose. I'm looking for friends for support and to help me stay accountable. I can have long periods of overeating and am trying to overcome that by logging what I eat in MFP. Please add me if you have similar goals. Thanks!

Rose

Thanks for the add Rose! Looking forward to connecting with you!
  • Arc130
    Options
    Brittany, congratulations, your journey is amazing! I think you look very fit and healthy. Thanks for accepting my friend request. :)
  • Amy203040
    Amy203040 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi Rose, Brittany and James. Thanks for posting your stories. I'm 52 and 5'0". I was a consistent exerciser and had maintained 125 lbs most of my adult life. Over the last five years, I discovered the sofa and the joys of carbohydrates, and am now about 160. I've also lost significant muscle and am disappointed in myself for not exercising and letting that happen. I want to get that muscle back, be as strong as I feel on the inside and lose about 30 lbs. I've always been very independent and have never joined anything like this but am ready to give it a try. Thanks for opening the invitation.

Cheers,
    Amy
  • Arc130
    Options
    Welcome, Amy! I've sent you a friend request. I believe that you will do well and get back to your normal weight again soon. :)
  • jayne7470
    jayne7470 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m 45, 4’11 and have 58 lb to lose I’m trying MFP for the firs time after doing SW, I’m aiming to be fitter and healthier, good luck on your journey x
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi all. I’ve been with MFP for several years, on and off. September 2017 I came back with a serious motivation to get healthy thanks to my cholesterol levels steadily increasing. I was successful and lost a total of 43lbs (from 176lbs to 133lbs) in one year. Then I dropped off this winter and gained most all of it back (I deal with depression every winter due in part to my dads passing - sometimes I can control it, sometimes I can’t - this winter I couldn’t) but I’m back with a vengeance. I’m a daily logger, open diary, very supportive (without judgement). We each have our own journey and yours may not be the same as mine but I’ll support you always! Friend requests are more than welcome. Y’all (yes I’m a southerner lol) have a wonderful day, Rosann
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    hey arc. i wish you much success. i had weight loss surgery in december 2017. i lost 70 pounds gained back six and since i have restarted intermittent fasting i have lost 4 pounds in 1 week. Intermittent fasting for me has been a life saver. And IT WORKS like nobodys business.
  • ndargy1977
    ndargy1977 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit taller (5'8) :) - but would love to connect with like minded motivated individuals who are trying to loose weight. I'm 50, with 3 adult children, so I've got time on my hands finally, lol - I joined a gym last week, and realized just how out of shape I am (and really always have been). I'm a quitter, but hoping to have "friends" who can kick my butt if they see me slacking :)

Feel free to add me :)