What is one of your biggest changes you have made that makes

Options
lms32164
lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
For many years I was a compulsive over eater with no sence of moderation or portion control. I have overcome the desire to give in to the gluteness ways I used to eat. I have completly changed the way I eat and now only eat with portion control and in moderation which has truely given me back my self worth, self respect and so far has allowed me to take off 37 lbs and I am working on my next 90 to reach my goal. I have come to realize that is has to be my new way of life and I now enjoy food in a different way. I noursish my body with good healthy choices and no longer live to eat but I now eat to live. What is your biggest change??

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Knowledge about food, good and bad. When they say knowledge is power they are right.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Exercise!! I could eat healthy and still gain weight cuz i didnt want to do anything! Now i enjoy it!
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My biggest change has been my attitude about food. I self-medicated with food. I insulated myself with a layer of fat to keep the world at bay. I'm ready to come out of my "shell" and face the world head on.
  • mike737
    mike737 Posts: 68
    Options
    portion control for me.

and also cutting out snacks to have enough cals for a full meal
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Biggest Changes:
    -Realizing that cardio isn't the only kind of exercise that can help you lose weight
    -Inspiring others to make lifestyle changes
    -My energy level
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Early days but already many changes - one of the biggest is no longer eating food (meals or snacks) in front of the telly (as you can just woolf them down without even registering you've ate anything). If you eat without distractions and really concentrate on the taste and enjoyment of the food and take your time eating, you really do feel fuller :)
  • ktieman
    ktieman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds silly, but my biggest change is Taco Bell. I used to go in and order three or four very high fat and calorie items, and a large pepsi. I noticed some time back that when I went in I just kept looking at the menu for a better choice, I ordered two regular taco's and a diet pepsi. I was satisfied!!!!! Now when my family or friends suggest Taco Bell I acutally have alternative ideas for eating out; because nothing at taco bell sounds good anymore.:noway:
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Good Morning,
    For me, the fact that such little food (compared to what I use to eat)
    can be so filling, alot of times I am searching for foods to fill my daily
    allowance..weird!

I've also learned that I am stronger than I ever gave myself credit for,
    with God anything is possible!
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    lots of changes - more water, less alcohol, more fruits and veggies, more exercise (cardio and weight training), more genuine smiles! :)
  • lms32164
    Options
    Amen Rita!!
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I actually eat veggies. Not just canned peas and corn. We planted a small garden this year and I have squash a couple times a week. Tomatoes, yeah technically they are a fruit but hey, it's still healthy! lol I spend time in the produce department at the grocery store, trust me I used to just pass through on my way to the bakery!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I have traveled this journey before (though only 88 lbs. long rather than 123 lbs.), but I did not exercise (on the orders of my doctor due to a medical condition). Of course, when I started eating more food again, I gained it all back. I know how to eat right, but it is hard to eat so little on a regular basis when you do not have any exercise to counter balance your intake.

So, the biggest change for me this time is being active. I now do cardio 5.5 hours or more per week. (I need to start adding in strength training, but I am intimidated by the machines at the gym.) Baby steps, baby steps... I do 4 hour long Zumba classes and am in week 2 of the C25K program. Plus, I go swimming, walking, bike riding, play soccer with my son... all things I never did before.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I still have alot to learn about nutrition but I understand now how food is fuel. While it's nice to eat out and relax, my body NEEDS good food. It NEEDS water. If I've eaten junk for even 1 meal, my body will let me know it's not happy. It wants it's good stuff!!!
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    Portion control. Sometimes I just want to mindlessly eat in front of the TV. I keep some Quaker mini crisps so that if I do, it's not too many calories.
  • Makay1
    Makay1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    "more genuine smiles" -- Love that!! It's amazing how good you feel when you start taking care of yourself. :drinker:
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I now know what signals are truly hunger and not "I'm used to eating right now".
  • lms32164
    Options
    Thank you everyone! You all inspire me!:flowerforyou:
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    portion control and my view on foods.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Getting off of the sofa and hitting the pavement.
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    180 days and nothings really stuck yet...i guess im more positive now a day lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!