Veg chow mien takeaway

Options
Any ideas on calories in this please xx

Replies

• meomai2
    meomai2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! that’s inspired me to ask another question on here thanks for the positive feeback👍🏼
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately more information is required.......you are more or less asking.....how long is a piece of string?

How much did it weigh
    what were the vegetables
    where did you buy it?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    It hard to say without knowing more - did you have full portion? if so you could be talking around 1000 calories.
    Personally I'd check the database, pick the highest entry to be sure and log that. I usually share takeaways with OH to halve the calories right away.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    meomai2 wrote: »
    Wow! that’s inspired me to ask another question on here thanks for the positive feeback👍🏼

Hopefully the next one will have more context.
    Asking the www what one serving of an unknown recipe and quantity (prepared in Liverpool perhaps?) can only really be answered with suggestions how to estimate or guesstimate it yourself.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

This is a timewaster.
  • paulbrttn
    paulbrttn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Got a house, what's it worth?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

I'm sorry you feel my answer was somehow negative. It was not intended to be direct but not negative, but nobody can control the tone that a reader infers. Still, it was very unreasonable for you to expect a specific answer based on absolutely no information from you.

A quick scan of the MFP database for vegetable chow mein shows results ranging from 150 cals/svg to 550 cals/svg. There may be higher ones, I didn't scroll all the way down. Of course, your order was probably multiple servings, so it all depends on how much you ate and your estimation of what a reasonable calorie estimate of your takeout would be.

That said, if you have no further clues to provide, that's all I'm going to do. Time for you to do you own homework.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

But seriously, how would you guess at the calories if you had no idea about the portion size or even what area of the world you're in?
  • meomai2
    Options

This is a timewaster.

???
  • meomai2
    Options

This is a timewaster.
    ????

• meomai2
    Options
    Thanks for the positive feedback
  • meomai2
    Options
    @bpetrosky: Hi thanks for the info, I apologies for sarcastic reply, I totally understand what you're saying, I'm not used to asking questions on here but will be more informative with them in the future :-)
    once again apologies
  • meomai2
    Options
    ????

• meomai2
    edited February 2019
    Options
    paulbrttn wrote: »
    Got a house, what's it worth? ??????? :|