Struggling to eat 1640 calories

Options
li3313
li3313 Posts: 12 Member
I just can't seem to get all my calories in, I have a restrictive diet due to IBD plus I'm vegetarian I don't/can't eat much in the way of junk, I can't eat big portions either, I have to eat little and often any ideas how I can increase my calorie intake?

Replies

• li3313
    Options
    I weigh 104lb and need to gain at least another 14lb
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you can/can't eat with IBD, but nuts and nut butters might be a good option since they're really calorie-dense. And jam/jelly. Mmm... PB&J...
    Avocados are calories-dense, too.
  • allieeveryday
    allieeveryday Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you eat dairy, that can help bulk up some meals - shredded cheese on top of stuff. Agree with Kathryn that nuts and nut butters would help too. Olive oils for cooking/salad dressings?
  • allieeveryday
    allieeveryday Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hummus also has a lot of calories...
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Do you like peanut butter?? Man I wish I had your problem lol. Thats what I would eat!
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Have a look at this thread. It's for people struggling to reach a calorie goal in order to gain weight, and the OP lists foods and eating strategies to help with that.

Some may help you.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    what can you eat in the way of grains (rice, quinoa, farro, couscous) - those are go-to foods for me and pack a calorie punch
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    I assume that if you can, you want to choose things that are also nutrient-dense. Nuts and nut butters, of course. Seeds, like flax meal, might be good. Sweet potatoes, butternut squash, acorn squash might also be worth considering.
  • li3313
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Thanks all, I never think of fruit and veg being high calorie, just googled avocado it's quite calorific, I shall give it a try, I can't seem to eat nuts and seeds at the moment unfortunately.
  • li3313
    Options
    Have a look at this thread. It's for people struggling to reach a calorie goal in order to gain weight, and the OP lists foods and eating strategies to help with that.

Some may help you.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

• Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    li3313 wrote: »
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Do you like peanut butter?? Man I wish I had your problem lol. Thats what I would eat!

Believe me you wouldn't want my problem I've nearly died twice!

Aww I'm sorry to hear that! Lil joke between us who love pb and are cutting, it has a high caloric value that when you weigh it to measure it out it looks so small lol.
  • li3313
    Options
    li3313 wrote: »

Believe me you wouldn't want my problem I've nearly died twice!

Aww I'm sorry to hear that! Lil joke between us who love pb and are cutting, it has a high caloric value that when you weigh it to measure it out it looks so small lol.

• li3313
    Options
    Ah ok, you weren't to know