Will be waving success flag soon

Options
Started my current journey on 8/31/2018 with a morning weigh-in of 210.8 lbs. and a goal of 180.0 lbs. by 64th birthday later this month. Dropped 180.0 goal to 177.0 lbs. somewhere along the way.

1.8 lbs. to go as of this morning and I can smell the finish line and will soon be ready for maintenance land. This visual is gratifying for me for all the discipline I’ve had every single 170 days and 32 lbs. less so I’m tooting my horn. I’ll share more later, including photos.

243njisf2cap.jpeg

Replies

• rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I love the squiggles of a weight loss progress chart. Congratulations!!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    A truly realistic graph with all the hills and valleys as you approach the finish line!
    You have done well with stubborness!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    By the way, I didn’t join MFP until late October: hence the linear line until the zig zagging appears. I entered my weight on 8/31/2018 and then for each day since being an MFP member. I’m grateful for so many people here who have motivated me. I was very motivated to begin with but the MFP-enganced motivation was like motivation on steroids.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    You look great! It's gonna be a good birthday for you, sir.
  • Sew3rin
    Sew3rin Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Today was the target date to reach my initial weight goal of 177.0 lbs. I weighed-in at 177.8 lbs. so, mathematically, goal not achieved. But, it really was in the grand scheme of things. I'm continuing being disciplined with today being 173 consecutive days of utmost discipline (that works best for me). I've set my maintenance target weight at 172-177 lbs. and am resetting my weekly weight loss to 0.5 lbs. after being at 1.5 lbs. since joining MFP last late October.

So, exactly 33.0 lbs. lost in 173 days = 1.3 lb. per week, slightly less than the MFP 1.5 lbs. per week. Let's "blame" it on portion logging error because I didn't use a food scale. Good enough and I promise I'll never have to do this again. I'm now age 64 and there are better things I'd rather do with my disciplined effort than melt the fatso that I allowed to wrap around my body from practicing gluttony, being lazy and in denial.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    It's close enough.. congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!