Vegetarian

Options
monroe61
monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
Hi everyone
I was just wondering if anyone has good vegetarian recipes I feel like I make the same stuff everyday!
And unfortunately I eat a lot of past and bread etc. So I just need some new stuff :)
A fat vegetarian sounds like an oxy-moron!!

Replies

• witchymama77
    witchymama77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have lots of good recipes.. I am vegetarian too.. but relatively new to it..
    I love protein shakes..
    it is really hard to not eat a ton of carbs.. so that's what I am watching..
    I am doing body for life.. so I have to have equal carbs and protein.. it is hard not eating meat..
    but I make it work.
    I do love this sandwich..
    thin french bread
    fresh basil leaves
    tomato slices
    mozzarella cheese
    balsamic vinegar
    salt n pepper..
    toast it in a toaster oven or regular oven..
    mmm sooo goood

i want to try a homemade minestrone soup someday..

feel free to message me and we can come up with more ideas
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I basically make the same stuff all the time too and I'm vegan.

I'd check vegweb.com for new ideas but also all the vegan/vegetarian blogs on the internet. My favorite happens to be vegan, but you can always add cheese to anything anyway. It's: http://tofu-n-sproutz.blogspot.com/
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    No it doesn't - I'm veggie and I was fat! Do you have a veggie curry recipe? If not, I can send you mine...
  • lisab42
    lisab42 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Search the blogs for yogavegan. She has had some BIG NEWS (also the name of her most recent post) lately. She has some really great recipes and I think she just recently put out an invite to MFP'ers to take a look at her photos and recipes on fb. And by the way I'm a veghead and I was obese. Eighty pounds gone so there is hope.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Check out allrecipes.com. They have tons of recipes, and you can filter to vegetarian - http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/everyday-cooking/vegetarian/main.aspx

Also, a Google search for "vegetarian recipes" pulls up a ton of sites, some of which are dedicated solely to vegetarians and vegans. It's probably worth looking through them and seeing what looks good.
  • Chloe71
    Chloe71 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    www.cookinglight.com also has a bunch of great recipies and can be filtered to vegetarian
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It's hard not to turn to bread all the time. I like to saute veggies with various spices to kill my daily urge to eat a loaf of bread : / I eat alot of carbs but a good percentage is from fruit and I exercise like a fiend most days.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am vegan. I try to eat very little bread. Pasta is my weakness, but I've been incorporating more whole grains. It helps me to make a menu. I have set menus on my computer with grocery lists to go with each menu and I just rotate. I can go six weeks + without repeating a meal. Another thing that really helped a lot was a three week "no carb" fast. I had lots of fresh fruits and veggies and raw nuts. Very little cooked food (probably less than 10% cooked). No bread, no grains whatsoever, no beans. I was able to track all my nutrition through my Fitness Pal app and got adequate protein, calcium, and iron.
  • monroe61
    Options
    I am vegan. I try to eat very little bread. Pasta is my weakness, but I've been incorporating more whole grains. It helps me to make a menu. I have set menus on my computer with grocery lists to go with each menu and I just rotate. I can go six weeks + without repeating a meal. Another thing that really helped a lot was a three week "no carb" fast. I had lots of fresh fruits and veggies and raw nuts. Very little cooked food (probably less than 10% cooked). No bread, no grains whatsoever, no beans. I was able to track all my nutrition through my Fitness Pal app and got adequate protein, calcium, and iron.

Wow 6+ weeks!! I feel like we eat the same thing every week. If you have some recipes you would like to share I would appreciate them :smile:
  • monroe61
    Options
    I have lots of good recipes.. I am vegetarian too.. but relatively new to it..
    I love protein shakes..
    it is really hard to not eat a ton of carbs.. so that's what I am watching..
    I am doing body for life.. so I have to have equal carbs and protein.. it is hard not eating meat..
    but I make it work.
    I do love this sandwich..
    thin french bread
    fresh basil leaves
    tomato slices
    mozzarella cheese
    balsamic vinegar
    salt n pepper..
    toast it in a toaster oven or regular oven..
    mmm sooo goood

i want to try a homemade minestrone soup someday..

feel free to message me and we can come up with more ideas

This sounds delicious! I will definately try it...thanks!
  • monroe61
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions I am definately trying them!!!
  • jandueporti
    jandueporti Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My favorite blog (and the reason I finally decided to go veg a couple years ago) is fat free vegan kitchen. There's so many awesome recipes and the foods she uses are usually in season & easy to find :)

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/
  • BrightEyedandHealthy
    Options
    I'm vegetarian too. Feel free to add :)
  • Sandiraa
    Sandiraa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I put a few recipes on my blog page. I have notebooks full of veggie recipes, some tried and tested some not!! I will add some more when I have a few minutes. Hope these few help :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sandiraa
  • monroe61
    Options
    I put a few recipes on my blog page. I have notebooks full of veggie recipes, some tried and tested some not!! I will add some more when I have a few minutes. Hope these few help :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sandiraa

I definately have to try a few of those they look delish and thank you for adding the nutritional info that's great!
    Have you added any of them to the food search? (just wondering)
    Thanks again :)
  • Sandiraa
    Sandiraa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im really new to this so I'm not sure how the food search thing works, but I will look into it!!