My mind is telling me no but my body my bodies telling me yeah

Options
Hi everyone I’m confused as to if I should try and bulk up or Lower my bf percentage, my goal is lean abs but I also want a good amount of muscle all over I’m not sure which one to do
below is what I look like now
I’m 5,9
And 140 lbs
aq9sk45higd2.jpeg

Replies

• patrickrea2002
    patrickrea2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Any help is much appreciated
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Haven't you asked this question multiple times already? If you want to gain muscle, then bulk. If you want to uncover your abs, then cut...
  • patrickrea2002
    Options
    I have asked but Im not sure how to cut successfully and also is it better to do one then the other
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I have asked but Im not sure how to cut successfully and also is it better to do one then the other

To cut you'd simply continue your training but adjust your calories so that you're in a slight deficit. Some people up their protein during a cut, I personally keep mine the same. Most people dont have visible abs all of the time, especially if they're bulking. So, if you want to gain muscle by bulking dont expect to have visible abs. Conversely, if you're looking to cut to make them visible then don't expect to gain muscle. Which one is better depends on your preferences/goals. Me personally, I'm okay with having some fat cover my abs because I enjoy building my strength/muscle. Visible abs are a vanity thing to me.
  • patrickrea2002
    Options
    So it doesn’t matter which one I do first, bulking to get big then cutting after to reveal the abs or getting lean then bulking?
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I would bulk first given your stats and look and then cut from there.
  • patrickrea2002
    Options
    How long would u recommend bulking based on my stats
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Bulk until you build the muscle/size you want or when your bodyfat gets too high. It will probably take you anywhere from 6 months to a year with a lean bulk (small surplus).
  • mlsh69
    mlsh69 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, ur looking pretty good. My suggestion is bulk. Heavy lifting