Egg whites

Options
tufntender
tufntender Posts: 98 Member
Uhm, I actually never did egg whites as far as regular food wise, lol, Ya I like it for meringue yum, , is an egg white omelet or whatever worth eating, I have heard yay or nay, From the looks and responses from real life friends it is anay

Replies

• tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    egg whites
  • magpye76
    magpye76 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use them to bulk up omelettes, one whole egg and 2 eggs worth of white. Can really cut down the calories and it's great protein :) If that's not eggy enough use 2 whole eggs!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    What to do with all those egg yolks? I live in a country with high food deficiencies, even malnutrition and starvation and I could not bring myself to just throwing egg yolks away...
  • JaiNicole7
    JaiNicole7 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love egg white omelettes! With sauteed veggies and cheese...yummers. I've even turned them into brinners, using left over taco fillings or covering with a little left over spaghetti meat sauce & having a little sprinkle of mozzarella on top.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I used to add egg whites to things like smoothies for some extra protein but in actual egg recipes (omelette, scrambled etc) I've gotta keep the yolk. Its where most of the flavour is.
  • janalo55
    janalo55 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What to do with all those egg yolks? I live in a country with high food deficiencies, even malnutrition and starvation and I could not bring myself to just throwing egg yolks away...

I hate waste, as well. But if I eat what I don’t need, it is still waste. In fact, it’s waste and waist. If you find a way of getting the excess where it needs to be, that would be awesome.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    You can buy egg whites in cartons to bulk up fresh whole eggs with extra volume.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You can use the egg yolks in so many different ways but they'll ultimately still add calories to your daily intake. Some examples include Hollandaise sauce, creme anglaise, homemade mayo, creme brulee, macarons, etc. You can also add them to things like mac-and-cheese or carbonara to make them extra creamy. That's what I use the yolks for when I have them as leftovers from making meringue. But for omelettes, I just use Egg Beaters (egg whites in cartons).