A good night sleep?

Options
Just how important is it for weight loss? It's currently 1.30 and I've been dragged out of bed by a wide awake 2 year old. This is not an infrequent occurrence. Is it likely to affect my losses?

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    It can. One reason why is because you are more likely to overeat and make poor choices when you are sleep deprived. It can also cause changes to hormones that regulate hunger and appetite. As long as you are mindful of this can keep within a calorie deficit you will continue to lose weight.
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I always feel fed up:ive had enough,i dont care attitude when i dont get a good nights sleep and then that in turn affects my eating. (As in eating more calories than should" ) and then a little weight gain.

So as lillymoo01says be mindful and you should be fine.
  • tashytales
    tashytales Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I was tempted to reach for the biscuits but managed to resist. Here's hoping for a good night's sleep tonight
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Well done for not reaching for that biscuit😁

Yes I hope you do .🤞🤞

Try not to (easier said than done) tonight think too much about "how much sleep am i going to get" . This make your mind active
  • lemonwater1
    lemonwater1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I’m right there with you. My older child has true insomnia issues and my toddler still wakes me up some nights. It definitely makes it more of a struggle .
  • rhunwelshbowman
    rhunwelshbowman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have to take something every night to sleep, and still no real solid sleep, I get up constantly through the night.