1000 calories per day is BAD???

Options
I am 29 years old, female, 141 pounds, and 5 foot. I’ve read that eating 1000 calories per day is not good for the body. I spend 16 minutes per day on a recumbent bike doing hills (6 minutes is warm up/cool down and the other 10 minutes is actual work). The machine says I burn 20 calories. Other than that, I get in around 4500 steps per day. BMR is 1423. If I have a caloric deficit of 423, then I am eating 1000 calories per day.... but is that BAD? Help! I want to lose weight but I want to be safe about it. Thank you for being a community I can reach out to.

Replies

• OhSoFancy
    OhSoFancy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the good information. I have located a website to calculate TDEE: https://tdeecalculator.net/result.php?s=imperial&g=female&age=29&lbs=141&in=60&act=1.2&bf=32&f=2 I have also adjust MFP to reflect the web sites data for sedentary lifestyle (TDEE =1571(-500 caloric deficit)=1071 cal/day mandatory) and I will adjust per day reflecting the activity level. How often do you all update your MFP calories/macros? I am thinking I will recalculate using the mentioned URL per 5 pounds dropped, but I would like your recommendation as well. Thank you all for your support through my weight loss journey.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    I don't touch my calories or macros. My calories adjust as I update my weight. But I would echo that maybe a 500cal deficit is too much and 250cal might be better. Also consider as to whether you're actually sedentary or not, some people pick it when they don't actually fit that.
  • OhSoFancy
    OhSoFancy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I greatly appreciate the information that you have provided shadow2soul! I went to both websites and filled out my information and what I have found is: fitness frog has TDEE at 1690 and has wonderful video resources on exercise techniques. Scoobys workshop took the cake though with the in depth questions. TDEE 1812, caloric deficit of 20%=1449. I think the custom meal plan it provides is beneficial. For macros, it gave only one variation: 35g protein, 45g carb, 20g fat. At TDCalculator.net they gave multiple macro varietions and asked for my body fat percentage (which is 32% according to the RENPHO scale) which adjusted TDEE from 1543 (with no % incl.) to 1571 (w/32% incl). What I have concluded with the websites that have TDEE with the caloric deficit auto calculated is 1. The TDEE (w/o body fat incl.) has a difference of 241 calories. Does anyone know why the TDEE would be different per website? I would assume they use the same formula, but if they did, the TDEE would be closer in deviation (theory). Thank you once again to shadow2soul for providing me with wonderful resources!!