Slimming down thighs??

Options
I seem to just be maintaining the last few weeks and would like to see more results.. my goal is 4 more lbs gone and to slim down my thighs and tone my booty a little...
I do a low carb diet and stay around 1200 calories a day. I also do 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week..

However, I am having such a hard time targeting my thighs and slimming them down- any suggestions on what type of workouts I should be doing so I can start seeing results?

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    As the above poster said you ca t spot reduce

However I find running shapes my legs nicely. Ok all the sports I do help with this but I do find running helps a lot
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I seem to just be maintaining the last few weeks and would like to see more results.. my goal is 4 more lbs gone and to slim down my thighs and tone my booty a little...
    I do a low carb diet and stay around 1200 calories a day. I also do 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week..

However, I am having such a hard time targeting my thighs and slimming them down- any suggestions on what type of workouts I should be doing so I can start seeing results?

You can't spot reduce, but doing strength training will help you reduce your bodyfat overall.
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Xlivnfree1982 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Moutain biking or cycling will help a lot. It is a full body workout, including cardio, but for uphill climbs you use you legs the most.
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    As Ali said, running made a difference for me. I have been skinny and a much lower weight several times in my life but always had wide thighs until I started running. I was shocked at how fit they looked when I completed the 10K runner program. For the first time in my life, my butt and thighs were slim and rock hard. If you are close to your goal weight, you’ll definitely be able to see the running effort in your thighs. And the increased calorie burn is helpful for those last few pounds too!
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I also think running is helpful for toning thighs. I also noticed a difference in my INNER thigh area when I added jumping rope and jumping jacks to my workouts.
  • smcurtis1981
    smcurtis1981 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Try some pilates, lots of movements to tone the legs. Great ab workout to :)