Trying to be healthy!!

Options
I stopped smoking cigarettes after 25 years and I have been 8 months and 2 days!! I’m trying to be a healthier me! I’m 40 years young and have always been a little thick. I’ve been working out 6 days a week and running a mile everyday for the last 14 days. Any advice or tips would be awesome.

Replies

• BMsJourney
    BMsJourney Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! 8 months 2 days today, 8months 3 days tomorrow!

What kind of advise are you looking for (i.e. what are your goals)? Weightloss? Workout/Fitness? Or just "healthy" (which people seem to have 1000 different definitions of).

• jclady57
    jclady57 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I’m new to this app myself and like u, want to be healthy. For me, that’s losing at least 20 lbs and being active. I really don’t have any tips, but wanted to say how awesome being cigarette free for over 8 months is. I too was a smoker for years and quit about 15 years ago. One of the best things you can do for your health. :)
  • oxygensenser
    oxygensenser Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    awesome job!! im new so i hope to have your enthusiasm for working out! my tip (for what its worth) is to take care of your feet! I know a couple runners and their dogs get ravaged. Don't be afraid to give your feet to a nice spa treatment every now and then.