This is stressing me out!!!! Calories for weight loss?

Options
Ok so I adjusted my calories again. I read some articles online and they all said you shouldn’t lower your calories too much. Before Mfp gave me 1400 calories to lose weight at a rate of 0.2kg per week but apparently that was not enough for my workouts but I did add half of my workout calories.
So today, I looked at a tdee calculator online and i filled everything out, my age, height, weight, gender and days per week exercing. it said I should eat 1600 cals to lose weight and that’s including workout calories. So on activity level I changed it to lightly active which says now i should eat 1600 calories. Before my activity level was set to sedatary level.
I workout 6 days per week. On Monday I do BBG legs and cardio and tue kickboxing wed bbg abs and arms Thursday kickboxing and Friday BBG total body and sat LISS.

So my question is do you think my calories are too high? 1600 calories including workout calories?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    I agree with scarlett_k. 1600 sounds reasonable. Log your food as accurately as you can and stick to 1600 for a couple months. That's the only way to know.

We all have to do this, it's an experiment that relies on you keeping close tabs on food and your weight.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Doesn't a goal of 1400 + exercise calories or alternatively 1600 including exercise calories sound awfully close to you OP?
    (BTW - you do realise that the activity settings and therefore BMR multipliers on TDEE sites and MFP are different I hope?)

Just pick the method of accounting for your exercise that suits you best and do it, after a month or more you will have your own results to validate the numbers and adjust if necessary.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Sparkle097 wrote: »
    Ok so I adjusted my calories again. I read some articles online and they all said you shouldn’t lower your calories too much. Before Mfp gave me 1400 calories to lose weight at a rate of 0.2kg per week but apparently that was not enough for my workouts but I did add half of my workout calories.
    So today, I looked at a tdee calculator online and i filled everything out, my age, height, weight, gender and days per week exercing. it said I should eat 1600 cals to lose weight and that’s including workout calories. So on activity level I changed it to lightly active which says now i should eat 1600 calories. Before my activity level was set to sedatary level.
    I workout 6 days per week. On Monday I do BBG legs and cardio and tue kickboxing wed bbg abs and arms Thursday kickboxing and Friday BBG total body and sat LISS.

So my question is do you think my calories are too high? 1600 calories including workout calories?

You need to stop getting nervous every time you read another article and switching plans.

All the calculators are just estimates. There is literally no way to know ahead of time what number is 100% right. The only way to tell is to pick a reasonable goal, log accurately and consistently for 6-8 weeks, and then tweak if your results are too fast or too slow. 1600 sounds reasonable, unless you are very small or large or very active.
  • atgnat1
    atgnat1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How is working out six days a week only lightly active?