Is metabolism slowing down?

Options
How do you know if your metabolism is slowing down? I’ve been stuck right around 123 (I’m 5’2) and I’ve been eating roughly 1300-1600 calories a day with about 200 calories of loss exercising (5-6 times per week) according to watch. I’ve been trying to do mix of cardio with weights to build muscle back due to eating with caloric deficit. I want to lose some fat and tone up my muscle. Any advice?

Replies

• TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    People's metabolism's change very minimally from aging, it's more that people's lifestyle factors change. For example 10 years ago I was walking A LOT more, I also barely drunk alcohol. Now I'm sitting at a desk and drink wine more often.

Are you weighing all of your food on a food scale?

You wouldn't build muscle in a calorie deficit but you will keep the muscle you do have.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    How do you know if your metabolism is slowing down? I’ve been stuck right around 123 (I’m 5’2) and I’ve been eating roughly 1300-1600 calories a day with about 200 calories of loss exercising (5-6 times per week) according to watch. I’ve been trying to do mix of cardio with weights to build muscle back due to eating with caloric deficit. I want to lose some fat and tone up my muscle. Any advice?

It's natural for your metabolism to slow down as you shrink. That's not a bug; it's a feature.

Check this out for full details: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/metabolic-damage/
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you haven't lost in a month, drop your calories.