What is your goal weight at 5 foot tall?

Options
13»

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    kate3015 wrote: »
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Kupla71 wrote: »
    I’m almost 5’1”. My start weight was 176. Current weight is 158. I’m aiming for 135-140 lbs. I am 47 so I think that trying to get to the weight I was in my 20’s may be a bit much. I was 110-120 then. I was 135 a few years ago and that felt like the right weight for me.

I have just turned 47. My age had nothing to do with me getting to what weight I wanted. In fact, I kept losing to be less than I ever thought possible. At 4"11, my initial goal was 121 pounds which was the top of my BMI range and a weight I hadn't been since my early 20's. I got there and decided to push for 110 pounds. I got there and decided to push for 105 pounds simply because it was the weight I was at 18 and was smack bang in the middle of my BMI range.

If you feel that 135 is the right weight for you then let that be your goal and be proud of your achievements because you should be. If you get to that and think you will be better off losing more then you already know what to do. Just keep doing what you did to lose the weight in the first place. Don't think that your age is a barrier.
    I’m almost 5’1”. My start weight was 176. Current weight is 158. I’m aiming for 135-140 lbs. I am 47 so I think that trying to get to the weight I was in my 20’s may be a bit much. I was 110-120 then. I was 135 a few years ago and that felt like the right weight for me.

I have just turned 47. My age had nothing to do with me getting to what weight I wanted. In fact, I kept losing to be less than I ever thought possible. At 4"11, my initial goal was 121 pounds which was the top of my BMI range and a weight I hadn't been since my early 20's. I got there and decided to push for 110 pounds. I got there and decided to push for 105 pounds simply because it was the weight I was at 18 and was smack bang in the middle of my BMI range.

If you feel that 135 is the right weight for you then let that be your goal and be proud of your achievements because you should be. If you get to that and think you will be better off losing more then you already know what to do. Just keep doing what you did to lose the weight in the first place. Don't think that your age is a barrier.

Can I ask how you pushed past and got down to the 7 stone range please? I’m just stuck at low 8 stone despite doing loads of exercise and given up sugar. Hence, joining MFP today. Thank you.

Making sure I was burning more calories than I was eating on a daily basis made the weight continue to go down. Some weeks there would be nothing and others whooshes. This is because weight loss isn't linear. Using a weight trending app like Libra (android) or Happyscale (iPhone) can be reassuring as it shows the trend is in the right direction.

I made my logging as accurate as possible, weighing everything solid (including prepackaged food) and using measuring cups and spoons for all liquids. I checked the data entries against the USDA website or the package information. I didn't give up sugar, or any other foods I enjoyed. I simply learned how to include them in my diet as this has made what I am eating sustainable long term. Remember that when you are short there is little leeway, hence the reason for accuracy.
  • Siobhan256
    Siobhan256 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I’m 5ft 2 and currently weigh 115.7 pounds. Goal weight is 109.7 pounds (need to get back to pre-Christmas weight!!)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    kate3015 wrote: »

Can I ask how you pushed past and got down to the 7 stone range please? I’m just stuck at low 8 stone despite doing loads of exercise and given up sugar. Hence, joining MFP today. Thank you.

You lose weight by eating fewer calories than your body burns. The best way to ensure a calorie deficit is to weigh and log your foods, and stay within the calorie goal MFP gives you. It doesn’t matter what foods those calories come from, so it’s not necessary to give up any foods unless you have a relevant medical condition. If you’re using MFP as intended, you should eat back your exercise calories assuming they’re calculated accurately.
  • Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet. Started at 154 pounds and I am maintaining on 113 pounds. My initial goal weight was higher at 122 pounds but when I got there I thought surely I can get closer to my weight as a teenager and I did it.

Aside from counting calories. Fitbit has been a godsend in terms of tracking calories burned/output. Have never deprived myself of anything. Love eating and being active. Some weeks I will eat more than others (usually 2 weeks before period).
  • mitchp1691
    mitchp1691 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5’1” and have come down from 195 to 160. I have maintained that for a year and am ready to go for the next 25 lbs (to 135) and see how that feels. I am 57 and am in this for health and vitality, so the number isn’t as important.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I am 4’11” and will be 54 in a few months. I currently weigh 118. I would like to lose another 5-10. Its very slow now so it will be awhile unless I go in an extreme deficit. Howver due to my training that would probably be deterimental to my progress. I feel good so I am fine if it takes longer.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and currently 118. I'd like to be maybe 115, maybe 110. I'll stop when I'm satisfied that the fat pockets in my thighs have emptied enough :p

I'm not in any rush because this is just window dressing at this point. I started out at 210. Having said that, I know that years of recomp are ahead of me, no matter what weight I reach. I started when I was 52, I'm 56 now, and I plan to just keep going because I've got time.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’1”, 34 y/o, currently 108 lbs & feel best maintaining at 105 lbs.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Its basically fairly strict calorie counting. For me to stay under 7.5 stone, I need to be reasonably consistent with around 1500 calories a day (as a average). I also walk a fair amount and do weights 3 times per week (short work outs). It is possible, even as you get older (am almost 54 - sob).
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and currently 118. I'd like to be maybe 115, maybe 110. I'll stop when I'm satisfied that the fat pockets in my thighs have emptied enough :p

I'm not in any rush because this is just window dressing at this point. I started out at 210. Having said that, I know that years of recomp are ahead of me, no matter what weight I reach. I started when I was 52, I'm 56 now, and I plan to just keep going because I've got time.

ha! I could have typed that! I'm 5;1 (in my late 30's), currently about 119 and this is lower than I ever planned to get but those damn thighs are still pretty fatty! I am curious to see what mine look like at 115 ;)

but as my calorie goes down each pound I lose I think i'll abandon the loss sooner rather than later, as it is i'm debating sticking at 118-119 and finding maintenance for a bit as I am pretty cranky and tired these days (which is not strictly due to nutrition as there are some life stressors, but food MAY be a contributing factor).

• UnDyddArYTro
    UnDyddArYTro Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft exactly and started out on 216lbs two weeks ago. My short term goal is 21lbs off by June, I'm 5lbs in so an encouraging start. Long term I'd be happy with 140lbs but suspect I'll level out higher than that and reaching lower will be a tremendous effort. But for now I'll log everything on the basis of a 2lb loss aim until I hit 182lbs then I'll decide if I want to keep to that level of restriction or to ease it down to 1lb a week aim instead.
  • kate3015
    kate3015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Good luck to you all too. 👍🏻
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    5’3 here. Started at 181lbs and my lowest was 127lbs. I’m currently 141lbs and my goal is about 115-118lbs.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet and my goal is 146 as of now. My starting weight was 246, so this number makes sense to me as it's 100 lbs lost. After I reach it, I'll reassess how I feel/look at my new weight and decide whether to continue.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    I’m 5 ft 1 and weigh around 177-178 currently. I’m not sure what my final goal is yet, but somewhere around 120, most likely. I weighed around 110 when I was 25 (I’m 37 now, so I’m not sure if that’s a realistic goal).

37...you're a baby! I used to be 102/105lbs up to well past 50...it's just the last 20 years I've piled it on but I'm still vain lol

Yeah, I'll evaluate as I go. I'm medium build and have always had a larger-than-average chest. We'll see what happens and what seems manageable down the line. :smiley:

Ah yes, the girls!!....I forgot about those lol :)

Depending on how much you lose and where your body burns the fat from, your cup size may get smaller. I went from a 40DDD to a 32D, but I didn’t lose cup sizes until the last 15 or so pounds. I was mostly losing fat proportionally around by rib cage and breasts, which kept the cup size consistent but made my band size go down.

I'd be happy to lose a little. I've already lost a lot. I was a 32JJ (UK, 32N US) when I started losing. I'm now a 28G/30FF (UK) depending on the brand. I'm really not that far off from where I was when I was this weight before, at the end of college, I was wearing a 32DDD, which is a sister to a 30F UK, now I'm a 30FF/28G, so, really close.

Bras are still hard to find because I'm a 28 band now, so I have to switch to a 30 in some brands. My underbust is 28" though.

Try Panache. Their smallest size is a 28D in some styles, and they go up to a K cup.

I also highly recommend doing measurements at bratabase.com, which gives you recommendations.

Also check out https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/. There are far more bra resources there than most people could ever want :)

Thanks. I really find Ewa Michalak fits me best. I like Panache sports bras but have not had any luck with their regular bras. Most UK bras have quite wide cups, my breasts are quite narrow and close-set.

Abrathatfits is a great resource, I'm already on there! You are right, sooooo much information.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Just barely over the 5' mark here - at my highest I was 159 (did NOT want that 160 mark). Lost some last year and have been holding at about 142-145 and this morning was 143.7. In my 20's I stayed near the 120 mark - in my mid 30's the lowest I got was 118. I am now 48. I few years ago I got under 135 and was pretty happy. My GOAL now is around 125 - Or when I can get back in a pair of jeans I've been hiding in my drawer. We shall see how I feel.