30 days -Slow Progress

Options
I've been tracking for 30 consecutive days, I've been staying about 200 calories under my daily goal. I've lost 3lbs. What is UP?
I also don't eat past 8pm, I'm not eating junk. I'm meal prepping. Any recommendations or what I could do differently? Thanks!

Replies

• Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If you're not weighing your food you should start there. Get a scale, you will be amazed at what a "portion" looks like. Cereal is an eye opener, no more big bowls! I was also surprised at how much more vegetables I could eat. 4-5 ounces of meat? A "medium" potato?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking for 30 consecutive days, I've been staying about 200 calories under my daily goal. I've lost 3lbs. What is UP?
    I also don't eat past 8pm, I'm not eating junk. I'm meal prepping. Any recommendations or what I could do differently? Thanks!

sounds like a reasonable and healthy rate of loss to me.
  • Bobble11
    Bobble11 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What is your daily goal? If it's 1200 and you're eating 200 less then you're eating too little. It sounds crazy and 6 months ago I would have agreed with you but it's right. I plateaued for 2 months and only started to lose again when I ate a little bit more.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    3lbs in a month is good progress.
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    30 days are 200 calories under is a deficit of 6,000 calories.

A lb of fat is about 3500 cals ... at 200 cals a day deficit, it'll take 17 days to lose a lb of fat.

You seem to be seeing expected results.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I think OP is saying they eat 200 under their MFP goal, not at a 200 cal deficit.

OP, are you using a food scale, double checking that the entries you are choosing in the database show the correct calories (many are user entered and just plain wrong), logging everything all the time every day?

How much weight do you have to lose to get to a healthy weight?